Thursday, October 06, 2005

SINGLE Wants......

Well just about all of my friends right now are single. Single and not seeing anybody, and that includes me.

I think right now for me and a couple of them, it is ok for us to be single and have fun with each other, because having gotten out of some hairy relationships in the past we are all probably just grateful for the rest! :)

But we talk when we go out, and we all want certain things. The women, most of us want similar things, and here are the things we really agree on. I will break them down into categories.
Character, Personality, Emotional Development

Personality
1. Must like to DO STUFF!
STUFF means: concerts, plays, games, movies, travel - all over, hobbies...

This is really important to me. I think some guys start out doing these things to get you then revert to their REAL selves later on...That really bums me out!

I don't have to do something like this ALL the time but please.....!

Loves their friends and family

Romantic: will feed you crab dipped in herb butter- AFTER he's gotten the meat out of the shell for you, when he's starving, and hasn't eaten yet and has the shakes!


Character
Honesty

Someone with a heart for GOD and a close relationship with him. Close enough that he is obedient to what God says is important for his life (i.e all that stuff in that book called the Bible) and wants to please GOD by his actions- This should be number one here but I had to put Honesty first.
(This is MY requirement).

Non judgemental (judgemental guys are some of the biggest hypocrites ever- and I know I sound judgemental here but I have met my share, and it really wears me out listening to them then seeing them in action!)

Integrity

Loyalty to true friends and true family and can balance the important and not so important things (I say true because we all know how people can be)


Emotional Maturity

Confidence- Easy to obtain without being obnoxious...You can believe your way into confidence. Act 'as if' for a while, and you will begin to believe it yourself...It's how I got mine.

Leave the temper tantrums at the door: if you are 32 and get screaming mad that your computer isn't going fast enough...That's a shame... stay single

Able to let people be who they are...Patience is a virtue, you can be a good friend and lead by example.

Introspective and intouch with their emotions

Communication: Can let you express your thoughts and emotions without getting defensive or trying to make you feel bad about your views.

Can share their burdens and their all with their partner: Remember that whole Cleaving and Leaving thing...


These are just the short short lists of things because I feel that it is more importat for us to work on ourselves and become people who can give much, and offer much in a relationship.....I think that most of my friends are at that place already (though of course none of us are perfect and we will probably never be).

For now I think we are going to just relax and whatever happens happens. I am ceratinly not going to force anything, because that is when the trouble starts (hahaha).

Umm just one small thing..because I have bad pet allergies I would really appreciate someone who can understand that.
Although I wouldn't mind (for the right person) putting up with a cat, then rushing home to take my allergy pills after my throat begins to swell and I get the itchies! hahah
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.