Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fiction and Regret

I like to write fiction based heavily on events that have occured.

I am writing about a series of events that took place in a matter of a few weeks.
Small things like a visit to a video store. A drive through a neighborhood.
A walk round a lake
Cooking a meal-maybe artichoke and crab and herb butter.
Watching a movie
Cats with interesting names
Sensory overload and winding down.

I got some feedback on one of these 'shorts'
I like reading it back to myself when it's really good. When it draws me in.
But then I need to know what happens next.
Only there is no 'next' unless I write it or someone else writes it.
I am hoping that I can write my way to reality. Which means that I write something that hasn't happened yet, and as a result of me writing it down, it happens.
Is it possible to write one's way into a situation, an experience, a friendship, a relationship?
Now THAT would be interesting!
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.