Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Inner Me

This is a poem written by my friend Ron C. I really liked it and I think a lot of people will be able to relate so here goes.

The Inner Me
The inner me that no one will ever see,
I keep it hidden in myself
Because I’m afraid to let it out
In case someone sees just who I am
And rejects what they see.

Ever since I was young I always kept my heart invisible
To all those who may have known me.
I always hide from the sun
So no one could see the inner me.
Wherever I go and what ever I do,
I can never let you know me from the inside
Never minding that you just might like me.

As I walk and as I talk,
I hide in my dreams
And I hide in my heart
From the rest of the world,
Just so they will never know
What’s going on inside me,
Where everything is to be a mystery.

I’m afraid that if I reveal all that I am
And all that I feel
You will not understand,
And make me feel as one who isn’t real.

I don’t want to open up
Or step out in to the day light where the sun shines bright,
I’m afraid of the rejection that comes from being me,
So I hide in this shell,
Not letting myself out into the air
Or flying through the night sky
Like a shooting star way up high.

Never minding I am somebody who has heart,
And is cool in more than just one way
Because I know I am me,
And me is all that I've got
And no one will ever see inside the inner me…..Ron.C

Ok Wow. This is great stuff! Thanks for letting me post this Ron.
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.