Thursday, September 29, 2005

WHY? I Don't Understand ...It's so Hard for me

This is gonna be a sad post for me I think. Maybe a little therapeutic I don't know.

I was watching a rerun of KING OF QUEENS where Doug admits to having met a girl (Janine Garofolo) and bought tickets for a concert six months in the future so that the girl would feel assured that he was really into having a relationship with her and sleep with him.

After she slept with him, he snuck out of her apartment and stole 20 dollars from her for cab fare.
Of course the girl was messed up and everything, but this episode was not funny to me at all.

It was really sad. It was one of the worst things I ever found out that men do to women.

The really bad thing that I realize, is that some men do this stuff all the time and 100 times worse.

It is true.
I know personally of guys who do heinous things all the time to women. They think it is fine to do it and that it doesn't hurt anyone.

Over and over.
I can't and I refuse to describe it here, but it makes a part of me so ill and sad all the time to think about it.

I say nothing can surprise me anymore, but that is a lie.
Everytime I find out something new I am surprised.
I am surprised that one person can be so cruel to another person.

I am surprised that a man can be exposed to the most loving and caring woman in the world and still allow so much evil in his heart to hurt her.

All I can do is pray for my friends for protection for them.

You know Jeremiah 17:9-10 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

I really don't understand and I will never understand why....

I try tell myself it's because they can...but that never really means anything.

So I just go on with life and try to do the best I can. To be obedient to what God says and make sure that nobody in this world suffers as a result of me being in it.

I want people to be happy and blessed as a result of knowing me. I wish this was other people's goal as well but it isn't.

Thank God for all my good friends, they are the best people you can ever hope to meet. Really sweet, and endearing, kind to a fault and never with an evil intent. They are not perfect by any means but THEY are some great beings. Let me list some...Erline, Janice, Nancy, Ana, Althea, Neville, Don, Marisa, Alietha, Edith, Marcia, Cody, Ramona, Selina, Kelly, Emily, Becky, Jeri, Adrienne, Jim, Jori, Laurel, Kiki, Kim......

I can't list all of them but these people stand out to me right now. I meet new and great people all the time though.

Read Janice's blog today because she has a different take on things. Nothing surprises her anymore...

Well I hope I didn't depress anyone but sad things happen in life to good people and the great thing is that we can work through them together. Yeah!
Hugs
M

1 comment:

Panner said...

It's funny how we have totally different opinions on the same subject.... :) (how I am not surprised at people, but you are)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.