Thursday, September 08, 2005

2005 Tallahassee Boy's Choir


Janice told me about this concert yesterday so we went together.

There we are in front of the church.


We got inside and the Choir Master informed us that The Oprah Show had called them to perform in the Houston Dome for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina. Those boys are so blessed. Then he said that they would be having another benefit concert tonight at Trinity Church!

Janice and I are so there!
We both bought our cameras but for some reason Janice's action shots came out blurry, so I hope mine are good enough for publishing on the blog. The people at this church are so sweet and filled with the spirit of GOD. How come I've never heard of this church?



The boys sang and for the AME church on Old Bainbainbridge Road (next to the health center), it was a church service as well, and what a service it was! The Lesson was on Exodus 14:10-14.

Moses was leading the people out of Egypt and at this time they are between the sea and the wilderness, caught between a rock and a hard place. Moses told the people that God would deliver them and God said to him "Why are you calling to me? Tell the people to move forward and you stretch out your staff....."
What a great teaching. God wants you to do what you can do with what he gave you and he's going to handle what he's meant to handle.

The anthropology of theology...Its a beautiful thing. Janice took more notes than I did, so it'll be a competition of the TBC blogs, but I just want to say that the whole evening was so blessed and they prepared dinner for us afterward. Yummy.

Oh! My favorite song of the night that the boys sang "No matter what may come my way, my life is in YOUR hands".

Look at my pictures of the boys in the spirit when they sing.
The pastor is in the spirit too!

I can't wait to see what Janice wrote for her blog!
Hugs. M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.