Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Beads and Jewelry

I became interested in jewelry making a little while ago (like a year ago), and since then all the presents I've gotten from my friends have been tools and beads, which suits me just fine.

Here are a few of the bracelets I've made...I have tons of them now just sitting around and sparkling...sometimes I get bored and revamp one that's already been made...


This year a colleague of mine gave me a bunch of costume jewelry that she'd had since the seventies.

She actually goes to antique auctions once a month. I went there on her suggestion and found out that it wasn't that great an experience...It wasn't bad but it was really kind of boring...maybe because I didn't intend to buy anything, or maybe because it was at that consignment shop.

I've been to an auction downtown at that hotel across the street from First Baptist Church and that was exciting. The auctioneers are so bossy!


But the old jewelry was all so great. I tore the important bits apart and bought some wire and suede. I fully intend to do something with it...Vintage jewelry findings are totally the in thing right now.

So here they are..I give a lot of them away as presents...people seem to like them.
Hugs
M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.