Friday, September 23, 2005

THE LOC


I used to belong to a student health organization for minority women, called T.H.E.L.O.C.

It's about Total Health and Empowerment for Ladies of Color.
We had all the student organizations partnering with us for all the events we put on.
I love this group. They are so passionate! The core members that you see had mad skills, but we got a lot of help from just random groups and organizations who were so interested in us, just because we existed really.
I was really happy for that. I developed and produced the newsletter and did the pictures, conference presentations, brochures, whatever literature needed production, I was there.

Of course Janice came to just about all of our events. Hahahah! Here she is now with her defunct South Beach Bag. I swear she wore that bag till it was so old..... This was at one of our AIDS benefit showcases to educate students on the latest research etc. Chris (I think he was an honorary member) was showing her some stuff.

The Hispanic Student Union was a major partner with us. They are sooo much fun. Here they are just having fun at our function. Some of their group performed for our event.


We had ethnic food fairs. Here is a pic at some of the girls at the fair in their outfits.


We took part in Unity day, which was a lot of fun. For some reason I thought it would be lame!



After a lot of hard work we had a spa day where we did yoga, had foot and facial massages etc.




Take a look at our pics and the cool logo we had.

We had baseball t-shirts (I generally dislike wearig plain t-shirs) made also that were great, with the logo.


Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.