Monday, September 26, 2005

Can You Identify?

My friend Ron wrote this poem. I thought it was great so I decided to post it. Feel free to comment.

Dreams of My Mind
Have you ever been on a plain that goes on for miles and miles and never ends,
Have you ever flown in a plane that has no wings,
Have you ever planned for a vacation to another world where aliens live,
Have you ever dreamed of the one you love to love you back with all their heart.
For all these are just dreams that make no sense
But in reality we all dream of the life the way it should be,
The dreams we have are the dreams we try to live,
The life we live are the dreams that never materialized.
We strive for the mountain of dreams to only end up in the valley of fantasy.

My dreams come from the heart but they too often go to the head,
The reality of the dream never seems to make it past the first page,
It dies in the preface of my memory.
One day I would love to see a dream,
That was just for you and me to make it past the plains of my mind,
Into the air on a plane so divine,
The plan can be seen,
That my life is all more than just a dream in my head or in my heart,
I just want my dreams of you and me living on for all eternity in reality not a world of fantasy.....
Ron.C

Man alive, I haven't read anything like this in a while. Doesn't this just take you away?
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.