Thursday, November 03, 2005

Yesterday at Church

We read Psalms 142....I liked this part

3 When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.
4 Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."

They talked about the heart of the hurting.
They talked about how people are hurting over various things and how we should be aware of that and be a light to them.
Specifically they talked about guys who have done wrong things and then never been able to recover because their reputation for that one (or how many) past wrongs haunts them forever.

Everybody deserves a second chance. Everybody has done something they are not proud of.

Its a hard topic for a lot of people because they have wounds which may be reopened depending on what they know someone else has done.

eg: If you kow some guy cheated on his wife, and you have been cheated on, it may be hard to reach out to him as a human who needs your help.

We should make the effort though and reach out, because until someone proves you wrong, you never know what impact you may have on their lives.

Its even hard for me to say that because people have the capacity to do some really horrendous things to other people...but I will try my best because I know I would want someone to do the same for me and reach out.... It doesn't mean I have to open myself up for potential pain but I can still show kindness...

M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.