Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Remember....

Self defense class?
We took it and then prayed that if we were ever in a jam, we would remember what to do. Then every guy friend we had who'd been in the military at some point in their lives, tried to teach us 'some moves'.
Well we all signed up, and showed up for the class.

The instructors were really patient because I swear thare was a lot of moaning and crying from people accidently getting hit on the nose, or the shin.
We had to partner up, and you know how it goes. You always get someone who says "Be careful, don't move too fast or hit too hard!"
But then they end up being the ones who get over excited and cause some damage.

Well everyone seemed to have a partner like that, so there was much mutiny, jumping ship, changing of partners and giggling.
I mean we learned a lot of stuff, but for a while there it was a massive free for all!

Headlocks, wild punching and swinging. At one point, it got really scary because the instructor had us with our backs to our 'attacker'. You didn't know what they were going to do (which I know is the point, but you try it sometime and see how YOU feel).

That freaked a lot of the girls out big time. I wasn't totally freaked out but I don't like people sneaking around and lurking, so it was a struggle to remember the moves and not poke someone's eye out and run screaming to the corner of the room like a couple of the other girls did.
The funny thing was that we all really got so into it. You didn't see your partner as the girl you had health club with, or went to see a play with, or bought some cookies for just 10 minutes earlier. She became THE ENEMY. Of course some girls just wanted to impress the teacher I'm sure.
I'm sure because I am totally one of those girls. I always had that trait, ever since I was in primary school.
Just always trying to impress the silly teacher. I don't know why I did that, because I didn't like most of them at all.
They were nice enough some of the time, but then other times you would see them do and say unnecessarily mean things. I've heard them talking about kids' parents etc. I never knew why they were talking about that stuff but I understood everything they were saying and could repeat word for word what they said (yes at the ripe old age of 5 I could do that).
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.