Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fizzle

My friend Andy and I were talking about when friendships fizzle.
It sucks when that happens, and it mainly happens when you meet someone new.
With old friends you can generally pick up where you left off.
But with new people, if you don't see them everyday or every week or something, you really have to do some serious work with it especially in the first few months or you are at great risk of losing it.

You really lose it, not in a bad way, it just sort of gets lame sending emails that say, "how are you doing?"
"Oh I am fine, how are you?"
or "I am slammed at work."

Blech. Then you get bored and think..."Well maybe I won't keep this up."
You think that especially when you have your 'real time' friends making plans with you to do stuff, and keeping the love alive.
Anyway, I wanted to say hi to Andy who reads my blog faithfully and makes reference to it when we messenger, to give me advice! LOL
Hugs
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! You had some great advice too by the way!
--Andy

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.