Monday, November 21, 2005

Smells of.......

It was a little bit weird seeing Ralph Feinnes in the new Harry Potter movie. He did add some sophistication to the thing I must say. I really like him a lot as an actor and the movies I liked him in best were "The End of the Affair" and "The English Patient."
Both movies I despised greatly for the content, because they try to turn betrayal and hurting innocent people into romance. But truly, he was very good in them both. He made me feel sorry for both men whose wives with whom he indulged in affaires du coeur.
My favorite line of his in the English Patient was:
"You smell of marzipan/martyrdom."
It was hard to tell which of the two words he said, but either one could fit (remember the smells of the market, versus his lover deciding to stay with her husband).

I've gotten used to Jason Isaacs in the Harry Potter movies but I would really like to see more of him, in there. They haven't yet used him to his full potential(nor Alan Rickman for that matter).
He is one of my favorite actors. Besides being good..he is devilishly handsome. :)

Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.