Sunday, November 13, 2005

Deviled Green Eggs and Ham: Stomaching It All

For some reason my emotions get all balled up and expressed in my stomach. When I am stressed I can't eat.
When I am nervous, I can't eat and I feel a big old knot in my stomach. When I am happy and laughing my stomach hurts but in a good way.....
So there's that going on, but I also have to watch what I eat. There are certain foods (and I think a lot of people experience this) that just really are a no no for me...spinach and eggs are the worst but they are my favorite foods too!
Janice and I went to her friend Sean's house (will blog about that later), for a party/get together.
The food spread was really really good.
I saw the deviled eggs and that was all I wanted. In all I had 7 half slices.
Anybody who knows me, knows that 1 slice is waaaaaayyy too much!

Then I had a small slice of cake. By the time I had the cake I was feeling kinda iffy about it, but Janice got it for me so I felt I needed to try some. I wish I hadn't...I really hadn't been feeling very good since Thursday morning and I knew I needed to watch myself but the eggs were too alluring.

Janice on the other hand had 4 half slices of deviled eggs, a ham sandwich, and no less than TWO plates of baked beans.....
I knew we were going to be in for it.....
When I saw her second plate of beans (all of which she knew wasn't good for her own stomach), I started to feel woogy....oooooohhhh. :(
As I write this I can recall the feeling (I am laughing though...its funny after the fact!)

Then one woman at the party who was talking to us had her plate of beans...she said she could do that because her husband was away for the weekend and her son was going to be home late...
When I told her about how many eggs I had...she said.."Well that's just going to be nasty!"
We all screamed with laughter.
I won't say everything that happened hours later, but for having all that stuff to eat, my stomach stayed pretty calm for the rest of the night...Janice's didn't but it wasn't as bad as it could have been!
I'll tell about the rest of Saturday in my other blog.
Hugs M

1 comment:

Panner said...

I did pretty well I think. ; )

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.