Monday, November 14, 2005

On Deck to Godiva

Well on Saturday Janice and I went to a party thrown by Sean. He is one of the directors of the Govenor's Club downtown, and the former president of an organization called Tallahassee 25.
I think the party was like a housewarming, where you get to see his house that he's been working on for a year.
Here we are with Sean on the deck outside.

The house was actually VERY cool. There were a lot of different types of lighting for each room. The bathroom was my favorite...black tile and blue light...you have to see it to understand but the interesting part was the gadgetry in the office area and the browny red hardwood floors.

Then outside where we took most of the pics was this cool deck with hottub and a path leading into a hilly garden. I really liked it. We tried to get a pic of us with the hottub, but I guess since we were sitting on it, it couldn't be shown.
We got to meet some cool people too! All Sean's friends and family...I especially liked Sean's dad, and the woman who talked to us about beans and eggs :).
They were so great to us there.

Sean's friend Devin was really helpful and nice too so I took this pic with him.

When Janice and I left we decided to head over to Cafe Cabernet to listen to some Jazz. It was open night mike I think because a lot of patrons got up there and started to sing. Some were really very good and some......Not so much :(
Once again we met up with Eric, who is super nice and attentive to us when we go there. His wine and coffee bar 'NECTAR' is going right on schedule and should open the first week in December!
Before we actually got to really talk to him, we were sitting near the Jazz section and this guy came up to order his drinks. I looked in his direction and he looked at me and said "Hi." I stared for a second and said..."I know you!"
It turns out that he is a Professor in the College of Music and I had seen him perform (piano) at a concert in Oppenheim. He actually went to school with Russell Crowe....I talked to him for a little while....
Well the second time he came up I introduced him to Janice and small world...she knew him from Ithaca where she did her undergrad.

Well after a while we went across to the other section/bar area.

Since Eric was Bar Manager that night, he kinda flit between where we were at first and this second area (and all over to make sure things were running smoothly)...then he settled there.
So we got to talk to him some more. He is a really sweet person.
It turns out that he is into sports like Janice (what guy isn't right?), and has a fantasy league just like her.
They talked about that for a while and I looked at my fingernails (LOL).
Only when they stopped with that did the conversation get interesting to me! That's why Janice tried to teach me some more about football last night! :)


The interesting thing about this place is that customers buy the bartenders drinks a lot and I think they are kind of obliged to take them so here is a shot of them taking a shot! I think its interesting because these guys take it all in stride. They don't get phased by this at all...and by phased I mean tipsy....

One more thing...everybody keeps making fun of my camera in terms of the size...but I just have to say that it takes great pis and one day will save the world!
Mikey says "Wow you can land a plane with that thing!"
Hugs M

1 comment:

Panner said...

We always have a great time-thanks for going Marsha!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.