Monday, November 07, 2005

Friday Night Get Down



On Friday night, Janice, Mickey and I went to the Downtown Getdown. Here we are.
Did I mention that Mikey is hilarious!
I forgot to say that he is a sports caster and producer for a radio sports show in Syracuse NY. He also manages a band NEW DAY and can sing like nobody's business.

The Getdown was a lot better than I thought it would be. First we visited Willy at his ping pong practice, then we headed out after having some fun with him...."Oh Willy we need to fix your sleeves and your shirt.."LOL

At the downtown getdown, I swear I would like to know how 5 year olds to 10 year olds learn to do the "Tootsie Roll' better than adults...

Here are the adults doing the Electric Slide, or at least a version of it.

There was a rock band down the other end and Mickey swore that one of the singers was at least 70 years old...It was hilarious but I thought it was great that they played "Play that Funky Music"

People were having a lot of fun and it reminded me of when I went to hear that cover band ELI at Paradise Bar and Grill...all these older people just really letting it all hang out....Check it out.

Then of course everywhere we go we meet some new person, so here is me and some guy lets name him Bubba.

Meanwhile Mikey ate this huge turkey leg and then I got accosted by some guy. I was trying to be nice by talking to him in the first place, then he started to be huggy so I had to run away and Janice and Mikey came running behind me laughing! When I try to be nice to strangers, some of them don't know when to quit it!


The great thing is that the FAMU marching band and the FSU marching band were there.
I love them.
The FAMU band kept it jumping!

FSU was great too! They had everyone doing that 'chop' thing that they do at the games.

After a while, we were kinda dragging so we left and I went to slep. You should see what happened Saturday! Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.