Wednesday, November 23, 2005

In All The Rooms


If you ever watch the Cosby Show Reruns and you look in all of the bedrooms and the living room you will see art from Bill Cosby's collection. In Vanessa and Rudy's room you may see a poster of Whitney Houston but above Vanessa's bed you see a painting. That's the really interetsing stuff I like to look at.
In the living room near to the kitchen door there hangs this one from Ellis Wilson (there was an episode when Clair bought it at auction, because Ellis was supposed to be her great uncle).
I really like this one of his (The Funeral Procession).

But one of my favorite artists is CIDNE WALLACE. Everything she does is just so cute.
I love it!
I mean I like the painted stuff. Figurines and ceramics are not my thing, but the art on the calenders and the journals, totes, and cards are so great.
All the art comes with 'sage' advice about friendship, endurance, peace, love etc, and that is what I really think pushes it over the top.
I really liked the Sistas Calendar from 2004, the Fox Journal cover and the magnets.
Of course there are tons more artists that I like but I had to mention these now because I think Cidne is a little bit underrated and the general public doesn't really know Ellis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just happened by this page by Google.."cidne wallace." I like to check on my stuff from time to time. My name is Cidne Wallace and I wanted to thamk you for your kind words about my work. It is Sistahs like you that keep me motivated and creative. I don't know if you are in the Los Angeles area, but give me a holla and I will get you some signed stuff to you.

With humble thanks,

C

Afropuffed@msn.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.