Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Meine Lippen, sie kussen so heiss

I went to an instrumental and vocal concert a while ago where the average age of the attendees was about 55. There was no reason why this should be so, because the performances were excellent and mod.
To be fair I hadn't heard about the concert through my usual means. I hadn't scoured the newspapers or looked at any billboards. I hadn't met a random stranger while walking through any garden or parks and started any conversation.
I received an email.
The email simply stated, "I have two tickets to a performance on such and such date and time, that I won't be able to use. Please reply if you want these tickets."
The very end of the email provided a phone number and office number so instead of replying, I walked to the office. I was looking for the name of my new ticket benefactor on any door that I came acrosss and happened to stop at one office to ask where she may be....The person who directed me, directed me well.
Round the corridor and to the end on the right.
There she was, the ticket angel. She even gave me parking passes. I was the first person to respond to her email.
The interesting thing about that office area and being there, is that I walked back to the first person I talked to, to thank her for the directions.
This person was absolutely wonderful, we started a conversation that led to us talking about hair, hairdressers, her future husband (she hadn't met him yet but was somewhat positive who it was going to be), and invitations to respective churches.

The concert itself was really very nice. Like I said the average age was 55 and so the air was moderately aristocratic. I say moderately because there is only so much older women in America can do to dress their older husbands in a manner befitting an event similar to the opera. If they want to wear sneakers with their suede elbowed jackets, that's what they are going to wear, by golly!

The only performance I remember was the one I liked the best.

"Meine Lippen, sie kussen so heiss"/ "On my lips every kiss is like wine" /"My lips they kiss so hot (literal translation)"

It was sung in German by a sultry black woman (a young music professor at FSU) in a blue silky form fitting dress. She was so expressive that you could translate the words in your head, just by looking at her facial gestures, the twitch of her hips, her winking eyes, curvy suggestive smile and dismissive hands. It was a very sultry, flirty, groovy performance.
A couple weeks later I saw this same woman at the mall in jeans, high heels, a pink camisole, and a cinch jacket, and was too intimidated to approach her to talk.
That rarely happens, and when it does I am always disappointed after the fact.
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.