Monday, January 02, 2006

It's a NEW YEAR!

Wow
I had a great time this New Years. I was in New York for the holidays so I couldn't really post since I left on the 21st of December. I only got back last night, at midnight. So I will start from New Years with these posts and work my way back. I met so many cool people and did so much stuff, I can't just put it into one post.

Well Janice, her brother Mikey, and I went to a party thrown by Mikey's friend Brian and his wife Steph who was so unbelievably sweet.

It was a lot of fun. Basement to living room to midnight wine toasts. Everything was great and the food spread was really good. Seriously, wickedly good.

Someone had a huge dog though that freaked me out a little bit, especially because it was so jittery. You know when you have a phobia and nothing can stop it? That was me with the dog. But then some people (well one girl) there was saying "Oh, it wont hurt you." Like that was supposed to make me feel better...If you have a phobia, there is nothing that will change it really....It's like throwing a snake into someone's lap when they are deathly afraid of snakes!

Anyway talking about cool people, this is one of them. His name is Mark and he is a good friend of Mikey. He turned out to be deeper than I expected so I was extremely impressed. I think he said he is going to Law School in future.

Throughout the days leading up to New Years, I also met Casey. He was really nice and interesting. Here he is at that party. They all did some games I had never seen before in the basement so I took some pics of that. I have to say It was really funny. I am a little bit of a germaphobe. Just a little bit.

So one of the games they played called pong involved a ping pong ball being thrown into glasses of drink which you had to drink if the ball got in there. The people who played were all really into it and that was good to watch, but the only thing was that the ball fell to the floor a lot. They dipped it in a cup of water each time and continued to play.

I got a few shivers from that. I think Mikey had the presence of mind to keep wiping the ball off with paper towels after each dip and that was hilarious. Somewhere in his mind, something was saying "Ball on floor, then in cup equals gross."

I really liked the top that Janice was wearing. We got these at Charlotte Russe I think. Janice has some more pics and probably a different perspective of that night. I hope she posts it.

Hugs M

4 comments:

Panner said...

Don't worry-I'll post "my perspective". hahaha

Panner said...

BTW, I LOVED your shirt too! Remember Mikey's comment about it... hahahaha

Anonymous said...

HOW COULD I FORGET MIKEY'S COMMENT?!!
I haven't forgotten any of them!
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

He was a really nice person too. His personality was awsome..that is mainly what I notice hahahh!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.