Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Behind The Broken Word

I heard about this performance a while ago and now I have the chance to see it!!! I am definitely going to see it in February.
Not only do Anthony Zerbe and Roscoe Lee Browne perform Derek Walcott's "Dream on Monkey Mountain" (remember Derek won the Nobel Prize for Literature- we did a ton of his books in English Lit), they also do Ferlinghetti’s Junkman’s Obbligato and Between the World and Me.
I really can't wait. I may be the only person in the theatre writing a review as they perform.
I really hope that I get to meet them after the performance. In fact I think I will have to make it happen.

The first time I saw Roscoe was on some Western on TV then on Cosby Show when I was little. Anthony Zerbe I saw on Papillon, one of my favorite movies and then of course on Matrix, where I thought he should have had a bigger part.

This is crazy! I never thought I would actually be able to see them perform these pieces without me having to take a plane somewhere!

I am really excited right now.

I'll be talking about this for a while after it is done
Hahahaha
Hugs M

2 comments:

Panner said...

But then you will be over it just like everything else you do. ; )

Anonymous said...

No!...well maybe hahahahh. You can't stay stuck on one exciting thing forever, you have to move on to the next!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.