Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Coleman's Gig

Well I think I mentioned it before but Mikey manages a band called NEW DAY. I am always really skeptical about bands in general (you never know how they will be, and if you will have to pretend to like their music), so I didn't want to get my hopes up with them till I heard how they played. So the first gig that we went to see them was at this place called Coleman's.

They were AWESOME. That is the only way I could describe it. They had presence, they made jokes for the audience, they really had everything going on! I thought they sounded great. A couple of the songs were country music which I don't generally go for but because of the energy they had I got into it. I actually met one of the guys in the band earlier at Jan's house. His name was Jon. He seemed nice and friendly and everything, but after I heard the band I definately thought he was great (hahahha). Here we are after the band played.
Now you have to know that Coleman's is a night spot. So there is going to be a lot of people scoping each other out I think.
Janice's cousin Timmy (black cap and hoodie) came to hang out just before he left to go to California, so did her friend Brad and his girlfriend Laurel. We saw Casey there too but he was really kinda far (maybe 20 feet from us but the place was jam packed).

So I usually don't like to post stuff like what I am going to say next but I had to because this time it was funny/strange/weird. Janice and I got hit on A LOT!
This particular time, one guy specifically and his friend/wingman had to get 'honorable' mention. They tried everything they could think of. The guy in the pic with the cap named Jessie, said he tried out for the Broncos, he talked about sports, he talked about the ONE book he's read in a while, he showed us pics on his camera phone of his car which he said had all leather interior. There was a pic of him holding money on his phone. He talked about his job and how much more money he was going to make.
He went off and talked to other girls, sent his friend/wingman to stay around till he got back. He requested for us to go talk to him while he was talking to other girls (AS IF!). It was funny( but mainly weird because I didn't know guys behaved like that). I have never seen a guy with such obviously weak game, try so hard. MAN! It was kinda tiring and boring.

He asked why I wasn't interested and if I minded him going to talk to other girls (I don't know what type of girls he usually talked to but I'd started to zone out).
I told him to do what makes him happy and that would make me happy. Then he finally just came straight out and asked for what he wanted. I shrugged my shoulders and told him no. Then he asked why.
For someone who was working the bar he really was a little too insecure. But I had to get a pic because I wanted to tell this story.
Now you may ask why I wasn't rude to him etc. Well here is the reason. Firstly, when he and his friend came into the bar, Janice noticed them and asked me what I thought of this guy. I thought he was goodlooking.
Later when they came up to talk to us, I actually had a good conversation with him before he remembered that he was there to hit on us and other women.
We actually talked about his family, his parents, his sister, goals, what we do for fun etc. He was actually very funny too (Also don't yu feel bad when you are rude to people?).
I had to yell at him a couple times too and tell him that I don't know what kind of girls he is used to talking to but some of his language needed to go when he was talking to me. He asked me not to be mad and actually said that that was part of how he 'rolled'. Whatever. It was just interesting.

Meanwhile back to the band. Like I said they were great. A fuse blew at one point but they are so professional, they just kept at it. I actually gotto see them again at LeMoyne Manor but I will save that for another post because some interesting stuff happened there too.
Hugs M

1 comment:

Panner said...

Okay, let me just say that I did not notice the guys in the bar b/c I thought they were cute-I noticed them for Marsha b/c they were tall and blond. Also, am I the only one NOT drunk in any of these pics? : P

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.