Thursday, January 05, 2006

CRUNCH

One thing I had not done before was go to a real life ice hockey game. I was really looking forward to it and guess what? It was just like Cedric the Entertainer said it was. They just LET you fight. Just have at it. I don't usually like random violence but I found myself yelling "WHOOOOOOO", and "JUMP ON HIM!" and "KICK HIS BUTT!"
It was so exciting though! The crowd was pumped up, and the players were amazing! I would definately go back again. My adrenalin levels were just UP!

So they call this the Crunch Game. The name of the team is Crunch. I dunno why. That is what they call them. Jan and Mikey's friend Mike is the Public Relations Coordinator for the team I think, so he gave us these passes to go see the game.

Of course I got a picture with the team mascot. I don't know what it is supposed to be exactly but the big teeth probably means that it would be able to CRUNCH DOWN on whatever it was eating.

The fights were amazing. One second the team is just skating along fine. The next second they are all in a huddle just throwing fists! Arms flailing, pulling at each other's shirts...The works!
Its true, they just kinda let the guys fight, and then they show a fight scene from a movie up on the score board. Tremendous.
Oh yes, I almost forgot. The Crunch team won!

One interesting thing I saw in the audience. Two couples came together and sat down. The guys were friends, and they sat in this order. Blonde girl, sandy blonde guy, dark hair guy, dark hair girl. Fine. When the guys got up to go get drinks or whatever, the girls did not talk to each other at all! They stared at their cell phones, or watches or at me (the dark haired girl looked my way..hahah). Then the guys came back and you can tell that they had to reassure their girlfriends that everything was fine. The girls seemed teed that they had to be there. It was great!

Another thing was that we sat in the section where the players girlfriends and wives seemed to be sitting. This one young wife who seemed very proud of her toddler that she was carrying aroung, came up to the girlfriends of some other players, I think they were (very hip and fashionable these women were-and childless), and started talking to them about her child and everything. Ummm...I hate to say this but they seemed disinterested. She went on and on though. When she left, they went to get beer.
I love people watching!

So the game was great, the audience was great. I love Ice hockey! I think I am going to do some research, pick a team and follow their progress.
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.