Monday, February 13, 2006

Singled Out

I went to a game show called Singled Out and it was very very funny. When we went into the auditorium they asked us if we wanted to be contestants. I didn't know what contestants would have to do so I didn't sign up (I don't like rude surprises). I was really glad I didn't sign up after all. Even though the host was funny he referred to the contestants as losers etc. He was joking but I think I would have walked off the stage if I had been up there and heard him say that. I am really not a good 'sport' when it comes to stuff like that.
Some of the girls that went up there looked bored!

Well the premise of the thing is that they have a chair in the middle of the stage and they bring a girl or guy out to sit there blindfolded. If a girl sits there, then a bunch of guys go on stage and answer questions till it dwindles down to two guys.
Then the questions get more specific with those two (the girl writes her answers down on the board before they answer) until one guy gets two of three questions right. Then he wins a date with the girl. If they put a guy up there on the chair a bunch of girls line up.
Umm except for this one guy who went up with the guys AND the girls....

Well all was going fairly well up on the stage except when it came to the golden ticket. The guy or girl in the chair had a golden ticket (which was really a two by four with obscene writing on it) ,which they had to give to someone they really liked who was getting booted off for answering the question wrong.
Well one guy up there tried to give it to a girl and she refused and walked off the stage. She didn't even say no, just shook her hear and walked off.
I think that guy felt it deep.
It wasn't the same for him after that.
He lost his pep on stage.
He wasn't the same person.
That was strange to me because before all of that went down he was kinda being all arrogant and shooing girls he didn't find attractive off the stage. I guess it's different when the tables get turned, and everyone in the audience is going "OOOOOOHHHHHHH!" Anyway he didn't seem all that pleased with who he won (whatever). I thought she was great though...really smart and fun up on stage.
The girl who had to win some guys didn't seem too pleased either.
You had to be there. I laughed almost the whole time.

Then there was a guy up there who you could just tell was a major A-hole (Jan he was a business major) when he came on stage. The host asked him if he was Cuban and he said "Heck no!" Everyone in the audience was shocked and asking each other what the heck was up with this guy. They all booed when he said tha,t and he put his hands to his mouth (see pic) and said "Oh should I have not said that?"
So from then on I think everyone wanted him to fail. He had a friend in the back telling him what answers to say etc and which side the cute girls were on etc...He still ended up getting/ winning the guy...It was tremendous because the audience was telling the guy what answers the A-hole wrote down. I loved it. The audience was screaming and laughing and stomping. One girl next to me yelled out "Yeh, you better take what you can get because that is all there is for you buddy!"
Then he had to hug the guy he won at the end. I am glad there is justice in the world! The guy in the brown coat that he won looked so happy. I felt sorry for him...he would have to go out with that 'guy'. I don't usually call people names like at all that but this guy was the worst! Everything he said or did was a putdown to someone....

M

2 comments:

Panner said...

WHAT A BLOW TO THE EGO! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yeh..I guess that is what you get

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.