Monday, February 06, 2006

Floetry

One of the guys on Kanye West's album was supposed to come perform on Friday, so we made plans to se him. Jan and Mark met me at my place, ate some food (see food blog) and we headed out to see him...When we got there they said that his flight had been cancelled due to the weather. We stayed anyway. The crowd/audience was really interesting. The guys were checking out the girls there, the girls were more or less ignoring the guys and everybody looked all sparkly. That could be because of the clothes or the fact that I was feeling a little bit ill.
There were tons of poets from Black Talk Cafe (Thurday Nights at Mt. Zion Calypso cafe), but this time they didn't have the hissing eggs. For anybody who doesn't know about hissing eggs. With this type of poetry, you usually don't applaud the performers you hiss or shake these eggs that have small beads in them.

This time we had to applaud because they had to schedule performers at the last minute. There was a DJ playing great stuff too...they were headed to Floyd's Music Store afterward for some party.

I enjoyed myself because some of it was good and some of it sucked. When things suck its more fun because you get to laugh more. I think Jan and Mark liked it too! Jan liked it more because of the parts that really blew/sucked though!
After that we went back to my place to watch a movie...They left at 2 am or something and I was glad I didn't have to drive... Tee Hee....

4 comments:

Panner said...

I hated the whole thing really... LOL

Marsha said...

LOL
But at least you got to laugh a lot!

Panner said...

Eh

Marsha said...

Where did you get that neclace you are waring? It is lovely! LOL!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.