Thursday, February 23, 2006

Garrison: It's all about Butter!

Garrison Keillor was one of my favorite people to meet. His performance last night was phenomenal. He had everyone laughing the whole way through!
I have to say that I am going to NOW start listening to him all the time on NPR. He is really one of the most intelligent people I ever met. Mark was excited when we got to the show. He kept talking on and on about how he listens to him on NPR.
So after the show Mark bought a book for Garrison to sign.
It's strange how people go to get autographs and never bring a camera. I ALWAYS do.
To me pics are more important than signatures.
He asked me how to spell my name and I said "...with SHA"
...he said "Ah the northern spelling is CIA"
Then I said "My twin sister's name is spelled CIA"
Then he said "Maybe I'm Wrong"
You had to be there...It was sooo funny!
Anyway he asked me if I was a student and I told him about my food science thing. He said "So you will figure out how to make that food that is good for you but people crave."
I said "YES!"
I was so glad I didn't have to explain a whole lot of stuff to him with everyone standing there. HE already knew!
So I took my pic with him etc, but when I was leaving and he was signing more autographs, he yelled out to me!
“ANIMAL FAT MARSHA! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BUTTER!”
Everyone in line laughed. It was great! He only did that with me!
I love him! hahah
A lot of people think they don't know who this guy is (author of Lake Wobegone Days), but they really do...check out the link.
He was nominated for a grammy this year too for spoken voice performace….but Barak Obama won
Hugs M

2 comments:

Panner said...

That's really neat! (Nice shirt BTW). LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks! He was really great!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.