Monday, February 27, 2006

Nitrous and Stephen King

Well I met Stephen King last night. I was the only person who got a pic with him because the organizers of the thing said no pictures but I asked him anyway and he said yes. I love when that happens. There was a long line to get his autograph which I don't really care for anyway but I got in line at the end with my program.
One organizers said to me "He's not going to sign programs"
I said: Did HE say the he wasn't going to sign?"
Organizer: Yes, but you can go run buy a book
I said : I don't want to
Organizer: They take credit card or cheque
I said: Yeh I'm just wanting him to sign my program thanks
Organizer : Well I guess since you are the only one, it's ok
I said : Great thanks!!!
(AS IF! hahahahhahah)
So while we were waiting for the masses of people to get their book signed, we sat in chairs and looked at everyone.
The organizers from the English department (see pics) were so pretentious!
My goodness.
Mark Weingardner (he wrote The Godfather Returns) was really annoying! He just stayed on stage walking back and forth and talking to Stephen while the fans tried to get a word in edgewise!
He kept giving instructions and rules about when to get up on stage for autographs etc. Then he would go stand with this group of OTHER annoying people (see pics-Mark W is in the pinkish tie-he is the bigger guy) on stage who thought they had and 'in' because they were part of the organizing team. Turns out they didn't really have an 'in' because they had to wait till the end to get their books signed AND none of them got a pic with him (because they had to follow the rules and not ask him for a pic) hahhaha!
Umm I gotta say I didn't really like the performance that much but I am a Stephen King fan and I love the way he writes.
All the fans were so happy when he signed their books. I love this stuff
So an interesting thing that happened was that while Mark Weingardner was standing next to stephen, and I was standing up there listening to the conversation (hahahh), Stephen turns to Mark and says "That Mario Puzo (author of The Godfather) was something else wasn't he?!"
OMGoodness! Mark grunted back "Yeh"
Seriously it serves him right for writing a sequel to the Godfather. That would be like me deciding to write a sequel to the Bible or something (not that the Godfather even comes close to the Bible but you get what I mean). I almost fell over trying to stifle my laughter!
Then Stephen says (because there was like only 9 of us left in the Auditorium- with me and my friend Mark being the only ones who were really not supposed to be there-hahha): "Why don't we get high on Nitrous and watch Mommy Dearest!" He had a sly and amused look on his face when he said it and everyone laughed.
Except Me and Mark...We thought it was weird....I didn't get it at all.....
Hugs M

I love it!

2 comments:

Panner said...

He is weird.

Anonymous said...

YEH....but that is the great thing about talented people...their weirdness...whch thankfully we dont have to be around all the time!
hahahhaha

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.