Monday, February 20, 2006

Broken Word: Roscoe and Anthony and ME!!!

Okay! Here goes...
Remember how I talked about Behind the Broken Word in January? If you don't then CHECK THIS OUT! Scroll down to January 10th, 2006!
Well the two main performers Roscoe Lee Browne and Anthony Zerbe were tremendous. I love them to death. Before I met them, I took a walk in the art gallery at Turner Auditorium and I really liked this piece.
There were a couple others that I really liked but I wanted to go ahead and meet these guys. Remember Anthony was in Cool Hand Luke as well as Papillon(with Steve McQueen) and even newer The Matrix, as well as TONS of other movies.

Roscoe Lee Browne was on the Cosby Show, and even newer Will and Grace and a TON of other movies and TV shows.
Well they both had great personalities!
Roscoe was so funny and cheeky and called me Miss Pretty. He talked to my friend Mark and said "Oh, you are the young man with the camera...You guys are tricky!" I love him.

Anthony Zerbe was sublime! He said "Hello Beautiful!" when I came up to him (I didn't hear him say that to anyone else- and believe me I was listening to his conversations)!
I told him I love Papillon and he said "Well you know I look a lot different now, my skin has changed!" Love him!

Needless to say I am going to rent Papillon on DVD, since I had ordered and returned the Steve McQueen box set and calendar last year and now regret that I didn't keep it....
You know what's interesting? Well these guys are just so nice! You never know what you are going to get when you meet a celebrity...Anthony was even asking if the performance was too long. My friend Mark said "No it was just right," and Anthony said...."Well I know you're not gonna tell me to my face it sucked!" Then he laughed!
I LOVE these guys.
Anthony said he is going to Starbucks today so I may go there at lunch time and see if he is around!
Hugs M

3 comments:

Panner said...

Wow I really missed out! : /

Anonymous said...

LOL
You know you don't care about meeting these people, compared to hanging out with Ticos!

Panner said...

TRUE!! hee hee

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.