Monday, December 19, 2005

Very Fru Fru

We went to the cocktail party and the invitation said cocktail attire so everybody was dolled up. I really liked how they set up the food spread. The shrimp cocktail was in these little martini glasses and that made it look so cute. They served 'heavy' hors d'oeuveres and wine, or beer or whatever alcohol they had.
I forgot what they had there.

The most interesting thing to me was how the people interacted.
Since you had to bring a guest, most of the people brought their husbands or wives. Now unless your husband or wife knows some of the people you work with already, you kind of have to spend your time intoducing them around and making sure that they feel comfortable. That's fine.
BUT if you don't have to do that and you are a single and /or divorced male doctor, you can talk to your friends and look at all the women while you are doing it.
ALSO if you are a single, divorced, or married (but didn't bring your husband because he didn't want to come and talk to your stuffy co-workers) woman, you can work the room in your cute dress and smile a lot. I loved it!

I wanted to go because I had a few dresses I hadn't worn in a while. I loved Janice's top because (and you can't see too well here ) there is a sheer (maybe chiffon) material that comes up from the bust to halter at the shoulder/neck. I love it...I'll let her tell you who picked it out!
The skirt you can see in the pic, had these shiny strappy ends...
I kinda know how it feels when celebrities work the red carpet now, because when you take pictures of a dress that has a metallic sheen to it, like mine did, the colors kind of wash out! I didn't know that would happen and there was no preventing it. So I that now if I want to take pictures like that I need to wear richer colors.....Bummer :(

Some women wore red, but only a few. Most of them wore black, in traditional cuts. The most interesting thing I heard someone say all night was "Well don't you clean up nice!" I wanted to laugh!
We stayed for a couple hours and then headed out to Cafe Cabernet, where again Eric was super sweet to us. We met some other tender there too ...I think his name is Joe.
The thing is that some of the people from the cocktail party ended up at Cafe after we got there and wanted us to join their table. We didn't though....The jazz band was really really good that night! One of my mentees (even though i think he is close to 50 he was a mentee of mine), who is doing a PhD in Ethno- musicology was there, and really getting down to the music. I have to see this band again soon. They are really something.
Hugs M

3 comments:

Panner said...

These pics don't do me justice... I really don't look that bad. : /

Anonymous said...

Steups!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.