Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lights and Kettle Corn


So every year for Christmas they light up the downtown and celebrate by letting all the townspeople watch a parade, listen to music and eat candy. So we all decided to go there and check it out like we did last year.
We ran across a great singer and guitarist that I had to get a picture with. I forget their names now but they took my email info down so they could put me on the mailing list for their performances.
I had actually seen them perform on stage and at Jazz places before.
I never actually talked to them in person. After Igot the pic I talked to her for a while and her daughter came running up to me for a lift up! Too cute!

Jan and I of course had to get pic with the christmas characters. We got the gingerbread woman, Rudolph (or what I think was supposed to be Rudolph and this Santa rat thing. I don't know about that Rat...his/her hands were on our butts for this shot. I don't quite know how I felt about that......but notice everyone in the pic had a big old toothy smile lol. I was thinking "What the....!"

Of course at these downtown things there is a ton of food and snacks...so we had to have Kettle Corn. This huge bag fed four of us when Phil showed up and there was still a lot left the next day (I'm a little bit queasy from it now!). Just looking at this Candy Apple made me ill.

Now Tally is small so you are bound to meet the local Celebrities.
So here we are with weather lady and storm chaser Nancy Dignon. She is really nice and just had knee surgery and so was limping along. She and Mark had this big old Irish heritage thing going on.
We also saw news anchor Shonda Knight but she was jetting off down the street past the parade.

The parade we didn't get to stay for the whole thing because we had to meet Phil, but there was a ginger bread float that was really cool. Before the parade we went to the Bells Choir thing and met up with Ana and her family. That was a pretty good concert. We went to meet Phil after all of that and I got a great shot of Westcott from College Ave. Then of them walking to College from downtown. It wasn't even that cold. Then we met Phil and went to see some football game (FSU and some VA place) at some place called Shenanigans. It was way out there. But I guess we had fun. I don't know because I was asleep half the time. When they weren't screaming at the TV there, I was asleep.
Hugs M

4 comments:

Panner said...

What a great summary of the weekend Marsha!! We also went to Italian Pie on Friday night to celebrate my prelims. : ) That started the weekend off nice.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I forgot about Friday. Well not really forgot..I just didn't have any pics to put there! But Congratulations Soon to be Dr. Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey are those two fellas yours sweet hearts? :p

Brigitte~

Anonymous said...

No. Just friends for a long time

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.