Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas Party

So some people at my church organized this party. My church is so big that I don't really get to know a lot of people there. So when I got this email invite I decided to go. Getting there was a big headache because of the rain. I had to stop at Albertson's to get some cookies to take there. Then of course I got sidetracked looking at the other desserts. There was a black forest cake there.
Janice and I looked at it for a while before I decided I would not get it!
So when we finally got to the party Janice and I went and immediately met and hit it off with Brigitte (pronouce the French way-she is from Domincan Republic), and Kelly, and Darlene. The other people were really nice too and a lot of fun to talk to.
Ok first the food..Great stuff...Ummm someone brought devilled eggs hahahha
I was good though. I only had 4 slices. There were wings, cookies, meatballs, some kind of raw salmon hors d'oeuvres, sweet potato biscuits, cake...you can imagine. Unfortunately the eggs and one wing filled me up, so I couldn't get to anything else.....
Then they had these get to know you games about christmas..which I won because I had all my answers filled in! hahahah. I hate to say it this way but I always win those types of games! I won this candle that was shaped and looked like a fruitcake and smelled like pumpkin bread. I exchanged with someone who won a mug for another game they played. They played this kind of balance and coordiantion game which had everyone falling over. Here is Sharon just about to fall into Pat. She'd fallen on Kelly earlier.

One of the other games they played was this wrapping game which I was glad I didnt volunteer for when I saw what it was. The lady behind the guy had to go ahead and wrap the present if she could reach round him...ummm I was really glad I hadn't volunteered. :)

So a bunch of us exchanged emails.

It was kinda strange because a lot of them said they saw me before at church but I had never really seen any of them....I always sit in the same place so I guess that is why they have seen me.
They are having some Christmas dinner soon but I don't know. I'll think about it.
There are so many Chrismas things coming up, including a Hayride tonight! YEAH!
Hugs M

3 comments:

Panner said...

Okay well here is one more comment from the night that you forgot to add-"Give me some of that cheeseball!". Well I guess you had to be there, but it was funny b/c the cheeseball was kinda gross.

Anonymous said...

The cheseball did look weird. I didn't have any of it for that reason. I've never seen one that looked like that at all!

Anonymous said...

Well, hello there stranger. lol ;p

This is Moi, Brigitte~
I don't have a BLOG here but will open up an account and perhaps transfer a few entries from my private online journal, so that I can exchange replies and keep in contact with you two wild things. :p

Loved the pictures. We look funky! :p

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.