Friday, December 16, 2005

Elf Night

We went to Elf night at the Oven Park. It was really great. I had fun running around taking pictures, but I must say that when you have a ton of lights and reflections, pictures come out blurry. They had Santa and of course all the kids wanted a picture and I didn't feel like standing in a long line, then sittting on some guy's lap so I don't have a picture with him.

The cool thing was that they had cookies, cider, hot chocolate, and coffee. I didn't have any but I liked looking at it.
Umm, just for future reference, I think that they should give up the pretense that people like vanilla cookies and just go all chocolate. There was not one chocolate cookie left and plates and plates of vanilla just sitting there. People would go up stare at the vanilla and move on.

Meanwhile Darlene was there! Yeah! The lights on the gazebo structures were so nice. I just can't get great pictures because of the refelctions.
Here we are at this mini gazebo. My co-worker Stormie was actually married here!
Of course I had to get a picture with some elves. This first one is of the husband and wife duo-elves working the cookie table (where all the vanilla cookies were left). Then I got a really cool red elf who was really sweet. Hahah.
Those Elves really had their work cut out for them. Making sure kids were happy, showing where the restrooms were, the works!
I did really like the lights display and all the designs. It really is magical. You don't get the same effect driving through as you do when you are walking. I almost forgot to mention the house. There is a house on the grounds where people can hold parties.
In there they set up really cool christmas trees and christmas scenes.
Janice loves frogs we we got this pic of her by the stuffed animal tree. I like the really old scroll christmas tree in the next pic.
Hugs M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't speak for anyone else, but the photo of the lighted elf and canon just doesn't look proper. I'm not saying it looks bad, but I could just imagine a quote for such a picture. In fact, it would be funny to see what quote people would put with it. HAHA!
It looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.