Friday, May 05, 2006

Madea’s Family Reunion



The first time I saw Madea’s Family Reunion, I thought it was good.
I like Tyler Perry and wanted to support his movie. I totally believed all the bad aspects and smpathized and sympathized with all the women etc. I like the complex charcater played by Lynn Whitfield (Loved her in Thin Line Between Love and Hate with Martin Lawrence). It's sad, because you want to dislike her but she is beautiful and classy, and hurt and torn...I am glad I saw this movie again. Now I love it.

I thought Tyler then went off into flights of fancy when he wrote the Boris Kudjoe Character though.
I write fiction, and for years had trouble writing into existence any MALE charcater who was genuine, Christian, kind, caring, REAL, honorable, honest etc etc.
I always wrote them as confused about their feelings, moderately selfish or extremely self serving and always needing help. Like the Blair Underwood character.
Now today I can plainly see the reality of that Boris charcater. Someone who is nurturing, and what you hoped for but never thought existed.
I have a muse I guess...I can write any personality into existence now...All that was left for me to figure out was the truly genuine and the truly good, and now I know what it's like....
:)
The wedding itself was a little tacky but I loved the Maya Angelou poem the vows and the wedding song by Johnny Gill.
Usually I would have thought Blech...Now ...Not so much! hahahahha
Hugs M

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.