Wednesday, May 03, 2006

ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

Hahahh
Bet you thought it was me hahaha.......
No my great friend Maria from Trinidad (lives in London now) got engaged last week to Fabrizio...They have been dating for a couple years now..I think 3 years, and he asked her last week very romantically...Throughout the time they have known each other though..Maria has sent me their fun pics....

Maria, Erline and I used to hang out a lot in Trinidad. When there were art shows and gallery openings and when Winnie Mandela came to speak we all went together.
I hung out with Erline more and more because we were in the same clubs in University and also because Maria had a boyfriend and they seem to take up a lot of time in Trinidad. They are very much into alone time :( hahah.

Erline and I had no such worries.
It's kinda weird because I always want the boyfriend to be friends with my friends so we can ALL hang out ...That way I won't miss out on all the fun...Is that selfish or just good planning?
Maria I think was our 'Classy' friend.
She was the one who introduced me to writing poetry in recycled paper notebooks decorated with dried flowers.
She was the first to buy those scented satchels and talk about candles for fun as opposed to when the electricity went away. She always daubed her mouth with every bite of food and was insanely neat.

She, Erline and I worked for the same boss after a while too...It was funny...Erline was trying her best to get out of working there, to get into journalism...I could care less because they paid for me to do my Masters degree and Maria took on their entire library project and revamped the whole thing ALONE!!!!!!!!
They were so impressed with her and what she did. Plus I think we all loved Leroi Clarke's artwork. I dunno if I like the man himself (he was a tiny bit uncomfortable to talk to...he stared weird), but as an artist...brilliant....

Anyway Maria sent a huge email which she advised that we print to read because she detailed how Fabrizio proposed! They are such good friends and I know that Maria is a really committed person...I never met Fab...I suppose I could have taken a trip out there at any point.....
Oh well....
Maybe soon
Hugs
M

1 comment:

Panner said...

Great story! YES, go to London!!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.