Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some art thing and Java Manouche!!!!!!!

OMG this was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so most of the art didn't really move me except for three pieces

This was cool

This


Then this


The best part of the night was Java Manouche the Gypsy Jazz band.
OMG.
Sooo good. I would go anywhere these guys play just to hear them.
I sat in the front and just stared and kinda chair danced a little. The first couple of songs sounded more European gypsy.

Then a few others sounded more like Black sharecropping fiddling and guitar...

The violin and guitars gave sharper sounds and the bass fiddle mellowed it all out.

At one point the Bass fiddle guy used the bow instead of strumming and the bass fiddle sounded like a horn.
That was one of the best performances I have been to in a while.
Then the mom of one of the guys in the band, gave me her card, and asked me to send her the pics I had taken...

No problem.. :)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.