Saturday, November 03, 2007

My First Movie Role

This was trippy.
I was on campus and some lady says to come down to the set and be an extra. I didn't want to, but then I saw that Kevin Spacey was going to be in it as well as Laura Dern.
So I get there at 7 am and check in.

I wait for a little while and the Executive Production Assistant keep coming in and letting us know details. He was actually very helpful and very professional.
He got me some water later on, because I was really hot in my coat! I loved him immediately.

The Director of the movie and his assistant came in and talk for a little while.
The Director was very sweet and funny. You wouldn't think he would be but he was great!

Then the production assistant came up to gave more information.
I talked to him for a little while.

He told me when I was going to get called and I asked him when I would get to meet Kevin Spacey..hahah
This PA guy was so great he explained how he got his job and that he liked doing it a lot...
I didn't like his job.

I'd rather be an actor

I thought it would suck to be an extra, but I had a lot of fun! Its amazing!
You meet so many cool people and everyone is sweet and patient with you

This movie was about what happened in Florida in 2000 with the recount of the election ballots etc.
There were about 20 of us black people there so they wanted us all grouped together for all the shots.
It was a little weird.

This group of 20 had to hold Democratic signs up all the time, and signs that said we were African American Democrats who voted for Gore..which was very weird, that they wouldn't let us be Republican (if we wanted to).
That shows the slant of the movie I guess.

The great thing about that was that they always wanted the camera on us so they took tight shots of each of us for 10 seconds each!...they may cut it but whatever :)
The fun part was the people in my group...

They were soooo funny...we were protesters outside the courthouse so the guys were trying to figure out how we could get great camera time...The group made up ad lib chants etc..
It was hilarious!
They had us laughing.
We talked about so much stuff while we burned in the sun..we had to wear heavy coats for 'fall' weather.


This is George. He was one of 4 people who were sheriffs I guess.


We took this pic in the holding tent then he asked me to take another because he felt that he looked like a dork! So I did and Voila!


Then Ed Beagly Jr. and Kevin Spacey came.
Kevin is so sweet.. I wanted to kiss his cheeks! They looked so soft!

But Ed was wonderful. I waved at him when he was on the stairs and said "Hey Ed" and he blew kisses at me!
Then when he was walking by me again, I said "hey"
So
he came up and shook my hand and said it was nice to meet me!
Then I said "Its great that you went Green!"
He pointed and me and shook his head yes! He seemed happy that I knew about his activism :)
Then he shook other people's hands..we weren't allowed to bring our cameras on set so I was dying....

OMG I love movie making!!!!!!!!!!

Then we had lunch...I didn't eat the breakfast they had
See my food blog for the lunch I had. This is June. She is in the grad program here too with me.

She got to be a cop and we were commiserating about whether a 'set' guy we saw was Sidney Pollack in disguise...I felt it looked like him but not 100% sure.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.