Friday, November 02, 2007

Leroi Clarke

I saw a painting at a bank and knew it was Leroi Clarke's.
Even people in other countries can appreciate him
Signature style and even out of the corner of my eye, I still had to do a double take.
I met him several times at his poetry and art shows and he remembered me yes..
It was supremely unnerving.
Many times I would leave without talking to him (In purple).

He stared.
Into your eyes he stared.
There were no boundaries there either.
I can manage to do it and not leave anyone feeling exposed, even if they are.
Him? No way...
I asked him to sign my poetry card. HE signed it
"Yes Marsha, Leroi as in EYE"
I won't forget it...

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.