Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Roxie Roker

I love the Jeffersons and i have been fortunate to watch most of the episodes again on TV land. WOW. It's still so funny after all these years. I used to watch it when I was so small!
Now I understand all the jokes and it is great.
I always liked Roxie Roker though.
She wore the best clothes and was really elegant and pretty. She reminds me of my friend Frances B.

She won an Obie in 1970 for "The River Niger" (I have that movie at homeon DVD!)

When she auditioned for her role in "Jeffersons, The" (1975), the producer mentioned to her that he wasn't sure she looked believable as a African American woman married to a white man. In response, she produced a family picture with her husband who was white. As a result, she was immediately cast.
Grandmother of Zoey Kravitz.
Cousin of Al Roker

1 comment:

Panner said...

Al Roker's first cousin? Second? Interesting.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.