Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life Class: Hard Conversations

 Whew! That Hard Conversations Lifeclass was a doozey
At certain points Iyanla said to the audience take  deep breath. I am glad she did because they and I definitely needed it

I learned a lot but I could see what was happening with the guests and everybody else.

It was so difficult. Iyanla gave the 7 steps  to having a hard converstaion. But I think some convesations really need a moderator.

Or else like we saw, it will just escalate into issues, you don't really need.

Hard Conversations
Seven (7) Steps:
1. Acknowledge the need for the conversation.
2. Clarify the expectation
3. Invite the other person to the have the conversation
4. Set the ground rules for the conversation
5. Be willing to listen
6. Be willing to be wrong
7. Next Steps - after the conversation discuss the next steps

 My notebook is going to be full soon I think. I learned a lot.
I am happy about that. I also have some things to research

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.