Monday, May 28, 2012

Learning from MC

The one (Oprah's) Master Class I missed was the Maya Angelou one. Somebody sent me a link so that I can see the whole thing

I have seen dozens of her interviews and I always learn something. Sometimes it's the same lesson and I am at a different stage of life having gone through different experiences and finally I get it

I started reading her work when I was a teenager and could not relate very much even though, some of the story was somewhat similar.
 I got the lesson later

Anyway from this  masterclass  I wanted to relay some of the things that I loved which we all should remember. Because we probably all have these experiences.

In life there will be many clouds. But there will also be many rainbows. Many people will show you a kindness. This is true.
  There have always been many people who have shown me a kindness. They come from nowhere sometimes. They just appear.
Especially when I thought there was no help to save me.
As a result, be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud. Be a blessing to somebody. Show kindness.

Words are things. They get into the walls, the furniture, your clothes and finally into you (they become you). Be careful of the words you use toward people -  the cursing and maligning etc...
Be constructive, not destructive  with your energy.

When you get - GIVE
When you learn - TEACH
Love Liberates. It doesn't just hold
Do right. Even if it's not profitable or expedient. it satisfies your soul...
(Painting-Sister Sookie's funeral)Live your life doing good, so you  will not  regret years of useless virtue, inertia and timidity.
Step out on the Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who was the artist of Sister Sookie's Funeral?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.