Friday, June 30, 2006
See the pic of all her stuff to go there?
I was stressed out just looking at it.
I used to be a week in advance packer and now I too wait till the night before like most people I know...
It's a messy business, I can tell you that.....
I used my last gift card at Longhorn Steakhouse for Jan's traditional going away dinner with me.
The last time it was Olive garden.
I tried to convince her to forgo her trip that she paid a ton of money for by enticing her with ten dollars...It didn't work! Lol :)
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I also remember what that girl in the alley was singing...
You know that song "I blame you for the
moonlight sky and the something something" (I don't remember who sang it at all).
I loved that as well.
It reminded me of being at the fort and how free it felt and how nice and worry free.
So I love that too :)
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
One of the more interesting things we did there was the Greek Festival.
People danced around and the steps are easy to learn if you count as the dancers move by in front of you.
Then all you do after that is move your hips and your hands in an exotic way making it up as you go along then you are set.
I practiced later at the hotel with Mr. Pins...
I took a pic with one of the dancers...his name was Steve LOL! He doesn't look like a Steve...He looks like a Dimitri.
An old lady in a pink sun hat came up to me and asked me if I was Tasha because I look just like this girl Tasha that she knows. I seriously doubted that but whatever. I asked the lady if she was Greek and she said no she was Italian and that is close enough...I quietly begged to differ in my head but whatever! :)
Mr Pins got Baklava and other sweet things but I was never a fan of it so I didn't eat any. Check out my Food Blog to see a pic of what he got.
Oh yeh...it was hot outside..... But I really enjoyed the festival...
Monday, June 26, 2006
Friday, June 23, 2006
Body: 50 things about guys that girls DON'T know
1. Guys hate sluts.
2. "Hey, are you busy?" or "Are you doing something?" ~ two phrases guys open with to stop from stammering on the phone.
3. Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about.
4. Before they call, guys try to plan out a little about what they're gonna say so there aren't awkward pauses, but once he's on the phone he forgets it all and makes it up as he goes.
5. Guys go crazy over a girl's smile.
6. Guys will do anything just to get you to notice him.
7. Guys hate it when you talk about your ex-boyfriend or ex love-interest. Unless they're goin for the let-her-complain-to-you-and-then-have-her-realize-how-wonderful-and-nice-you-are method.
8. A guy who likes you wants to be the only guy you talk to.
9. Boyfriends need to be reassured often that they're still loved.
10. Don't talk about your guy friends to your boyfriend.
11. Guys get jealous easily.
12. Guys are more emotional than they'd like people to think.
13. Giving a guy a hanging message like "You know what?!..uh...nevermind.." would make him jump to a conclusion that is far from what you are thinking. And he'll assume he did something wrong and he'll obsess about it trying to figure it out.
14. Guys are good flatterers when courting but they usually stammer when they talk to a girl they really like.
15. Guys hate asking parents for money to buy girls presents. So they come up with ideas like saving their lunch money for a week. But it never works because guys are always hungry so they end up asking the parents for money anyway.
16. Girls are guys' weaknesses.
17. Guys are very open about themselves.
18. It's good to test a guy first before you trust him. But don't let him wait too long.
19. Your best friend, whom your boyfriend seeks help from about his problems with you may end up being admired by your boyfriend.
20. If a guy tells you about his problems, he just needs someone to listen to him. You don't need to give advice.
21. A usual act that proves that the guy likes you is when he teases you.
22. Guys love you more than you love them if they are serious in your relationships.
23. Guys will brag about anything.
24. Guys use words like hot or cute to describe girls. We rarely use beautiful. If a guy uses that,
he likes you.
25. Guys think WAY too much. One small thing a girl does, even if she doesn't notice it can make the guy think about it for hours, trying to figure out what it meant.
26. Guys seek for advice from girls not other guys. Because most guys think alike, so if one guy's confused, then we're all confused.
27. Any guy could write out a rulebook or advice book for flirting, but no guy can write out a book about relationships.
28. Try to be as straightforward as possible.
29. A guy has to experience rejection, because if he's too-good-never-been-busted, never been in love and hurt, he won't be mature and grown up.
30. If the guy does something stupid in front of the girl, he will think about it for the next couple days or until the next time he spends time with the girl.
31. No matter how much guys talk about asses and boobs, personality is key.
32. Guys learn from experience not from the romance books that girls read and take as their basis of experience.
33. Guys worry about the thin line between being compassionate and being whipped.
34. If a guy looks unusually calm and laid back, he's probably faking it and is spazzing inside.
35. When a guy says he is going crazy about the girl, he really is. Guys rarely say that.
36. When a guy asks you to leave him alone, he's just actually saying, "Please come and listen to
37. Guys don't really have final decisions.
38. If a guy starts to talk seriously, listen to him. It doesn't happen that often, so when it does, you know something's up.
39. If your best guy friend seems to avoid you or is never around when you're with your boyfriend, he's probably jealous and likes you.
40. When a guy looks at you for longer than a second, he's definitely thinking something.
41. Guys like femininity not feebleness.
42. Guys don't like girls who punch harder than they do.
43. A guy has more problems than you can see with your naked eyes.
44. Don't be a snob. Guys can be intimidated and give up easily.
45. Everything in moderation. Put on makeup, wear perfume. Just not too much.
46. Guys talk about girls more than girls talk about guys.
47. Guys hate rejection, but they hate being led on even more.
48. Guys really think that girls are strange and have unpredictable decisions and are MAD
confusing but somehow are drawn even more to them.
49. A guy would give his left nut to be able to read a girl's mind for a day.
50. No guy can handle all his problems by his own. He's just too stubborn to admit it
Thursday, June 22, 2006
1. There is a guy who sings outside my apt door...I don't know why....
The singing is loud and a litttle unpleasant. The man is old.
I never say anything because if it makes him happy to sing then he should sing.....
I just wish I didn't hear it while I am trying to concentrate.
2. Wendy's is great. The frosty's are good but make my stomach hurt. This is the first time in 3 years that I have had one.
3. When my sis calls and leaves a message she says "You are not home. I will call you later"
When my mom calls and leaves a message she says "Why don't you answer the phone when people are calling you"
4. My stomach hurts when I eat three meals a day or even two so I stick to one and have snacks at other times
5. Destin sunset it nice.
6. Mr. Pins :)
7. Umm Jan? LOVE is early.....But you don't believe in time LMAO
8. Dante..... O M G = Mr. Pins hahahha
9. There are cats that lurk in my neighborhood. With time they have become daring and sly. They don't move when yu walk past them. Instaid they look at you with disdain and something akin to rancour and then they go back to what they were doing
10. Moving sucks no matter how easy you try to make it for yourself
11. Apples make my stomach hurt
12. I like saying OOOOOOHHHHHHH because OOOOhhhhh I have another questions post to post later hahahha. Uli sent it...
13. Hi Andy! :) I am very impressed with someone who can learn to sail by just reading a book on it.
14. I think my GI tract needs help LOL
15. The good thing about making jewelry is that I don't have to buy it now...
16. Avon has that paper nail polish thing..That is a great invention. I haven't tried it but I know it will be great.
17. Soca Warriors :) I love the World Cup. Why is it that there are so many good looking guys there (no that is not why I watch)? tee hee
18. I saw a bug which we call a Shinee in Trinidad. It was on my front walk...I have never seen one here before so it amazed me...It looked dead but still black shiny and prickly
19. There is a bird that makes a loud cricket sound. They are all over town and they stay up late at night. I hear em in my sleep. I hear them in my dreams. It's weird because I think one sits outside my window.
20. I love blogs
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
There were a lot of "HOT" napkin games being played. I loved the whole thing.
We say Eric of course but then Sean and his friend Jason (in the cap) showed up.
Jason just got back from Iraq a few weeks or months before ...I forget which but he seemed really nice. He bought one of those condos downtown and I guess I remember him saying that he would have a party soon to open it up....
I really want to see what they look like.
Meanwhile some people were dancing and it was strange and funny and made other people gag. I am not going to be mean ..I will just post pics.....
They don't really show much because I didn't get the shots at the times that I should have gotten them.
Needless to say the manager made them get off the stage area..... :)
The training was good. I liked most of the sessions.
I missed the beach but not the pool. I didn't swim in it though (blech).
On the last day there two older guys staying at the hotel asked me to go to the beach with them...I wished they asked me the day before...I would have been there in a flash (it was just across the street).
I left with P and V on the last day and it was fun going back with them...sorry no time for a bunch of pics
Friday, June 16, 2006
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Today my pelvis and legs hurt and I walk like a robot...
Will get a pic of and with Andrew soon. I talked to him about the other players and groupies etc...It was great and he is a really nice person.
Meanwhile I am still in pain.
Major League, Minor League and college statistics
Full Name: Andrew Moses Fryson
Born: October 13, 1980 Gretna,Florida
Height: 6-7 Weight: 200 Bats: R
High School: -College: Wallace State Community College (AL)
Drafted: Selected by Texas Rangers in 41st Round (1244th overall) of 1999 amateur entry draft (June-Reg)....Selected by Chicago White Sox in 8th Round (253rd overall) of 2001 amateur entry draft (June-Reg)
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
I just hope we win from here on out!
They had a little receiving line and people to greet them when they got in.
I thought that was funny because I know how Trinidadians think and when they saw the tiny receiving line (and Janice will know)...STEUPS !!!!!!!!!! :)
Again I am LMAO! :) :)
I think the bus is so cool. Click on it to get a close up of what it says.
The German women playing the steel pan is also very interesting!
Germany went all out with preparing this!
Our Team just has to man up.....
Monday, June 12, 2006
I liked her dress and veil a lot.....The bouquet was simple and pretty
Umm...I've got time :)
I kinda discovered that I have gotten way out of writing with pens..my handwriting is way worse than it has ever been and I can't stay on the lines...I drag out my letters so my name looks like Ma---777 or some such thing.
So I am trying to improve of that...
You know in primary schol when they teach you by writing rows of A's B's and C's?
Well I think I have to start there again.
Mr. Pins you are great.
I am LMAO right now, is that okay?
Friday, June 09, 2006
Sorry Ticos :)
What I mean by that is sorry Janice :)
This is exciting stuff!
The games are just so good to watch!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Friday, June 02, 2006
This one was really good.
My favorite two people was a tuba player, and a Clarinet player who had to adjust his mouthpiece in the middle of a song and made it just in time to start his solo!
My favorite song of the night was CONVERSATIONS WITH THE NIGHT.
That was so ethereal and just made you feel safe.
C.J Lamb conducted and his mom was in the audience taking pictures. That was sweet but I wonder how all that attention translated in real life. (Is she always up in his grill is what I mean).
They played a lot of Marches and all of them were really good while Fantasia on the Dragon was very jazzy.
The Norwegian Rhapsody was really whimsical and I really enjoyed that piece as well.