Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thanks

I went to the store to get some wiper blades and as I don't really know what would be the right size or the best or whatever, I asked some random guy who was in the auto section.

He offered to go with me to my car so we could get the old blade and measure it.
We went to my car which was really far out in the lot, and he talked a little about places he travelled to etc.

When we got to my car he took off the wiper blade and we measured in the store and I got my blade. He showed me how I would attach it etc. It seemed pretty easy..

Then he said: Do you want me to put them on for you?
I said: I dont want to inconvenience you anymore than I have...
He said: I am waiting to get my oil changed so I have nothing to do.
So I said: I have to get some other thinngs then cash out.
He said: COme find me when you are ready to cash out
I said :Ok

So I got my other stuff and found him again.
His name was Burl.
I went to my car and he got his car from the oil change and met me at my car.
He changed the blades. I was really grateful for this kindness.
He wasn't trying to be a smooth talker, or weird, or expecting anything in return like most guys. I am really appreciative of that.
Thanks Burl.

Of course in general I meet nice people all over but this guy went out of his way to help me. The thing is that he lived in Tallahassee all his life he said and so when we were in the parking lot some people drove up and said Hey Burl!
He was really polite and just so helpful....

I thought that was interesting.

1 comment:

Panner said...

That is really great! There are SOME nice people still left in the world.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.