Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Talk Show

At my church there was a talk show. They advertised it as a talk show and chocolate night. The chocolate part drew the crowd I am sure lol. They expected 200 people at most but I think they ended up with three hundred.

They invited us to have chocolate everything before the show started. EVERYTHING was chocolate and what was not chocolate, you had to DIP into either white or dark chocolate later on.
I like chocolate so I took a brownie, two cookies and two marshmallows (dipped in chocolate).

I ate the marshmallows and half of the brownie and had to throw the rest away.
I felt so ill.
I hadn't eaten that stuff in so long. I didn't know it would have that effect on me :(
I've decided to phase chocolate cake into my diet LOL :)

Pastor Andrea was the host of the show and different women went up onstage to give their testimony. It was amazing.
You go though life thinking that people have perfect lives and that you may be the only one with some problems to deal with.
You really don't talk about it that much, but then when the atmosphere for doing so is safe and inviting the floodgates opened.

The women all related to the testimonies that were given on failing health(lung transplants and cancer) and cures, healing marriages and relationships (infidelity and abuse), sick children etc etc.
I think everyone who went was blessed by it.

I have to write a letter to Pastor Andrea and let her know how great it was.
Of course Darlene was there smiling and laughing as usual. Nothing seems to get her down. Plus I loved her dress :)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.