Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Book Release Party

Barbara from Amani Publishing invited me to go.

I really like her as a publisher (in the green dress and headwrap) because she cares about her authors and sticks by them because she knows the troubles that she went through to get published herself.

I liked her ideas for the upcoming books especially the collections. "How I Met My Sweetheart" should be a really good one.

The authors who released at the party actually had really good books. I met up with Katherine there, who I had not seen in months since she left FSU. Her book "Oh Lord What Have I Done" is going to be published soon.
I feel bad, she told me to tell everyone "Hello" and I forgot. I will do it after I finish this post..or maybe later when I have free time :)

My favorite part was actually the excerpt reading which was done by this fabulously elegant lady in a leather African dress. She is actually something like a publicist, you know someone who promotes another person and kinda styles them etc. She kinda walked with a flounce so that interested me a lot.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.