Thursday, June 04, 2009

Still

After all these years
I remember Pearl Baioley and how much I liked her.
I dunno what it was but when i was age 5 to 19 Istayed up late. Late being 1 am sometimes, watching Tv and listening to radio.
Radio when I was 5
When I was sick and had to be home alone there were radio soap operas to listen to.
But I remember Pearl Bailey, on the radio (don't remember the station), and in old movies. Old movies were on all the time.
She was singing I think....maybe it wasn't a movie just her videos and I thought it was a movie? I don't remember.
But she was singing in that old 1950s way and you were just transported there.
To that time and place and...
I did wonder recently how I could be up so late, all alone downstairs, watching TV and nobody knew.
A little later on when I was 8 or 9 or 10. I could get my brother to come watch with me, but he always fell asleep and then screamed when I woke him up after we watched THE OMEN.
Aww Pearl.....

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.