Monday, December 04, 2006

The Day The Clowns Fell

So I went to the winter festival.
The Bell choir is held every year before the festival starts so I went there first.
I met up with Sandy who left her family at home and went out to enjoy herself hahaha. We got to sing along which I really enjoyed of course! :)
Afterward of course I did the usual exploring and looking at food(see food blog) and the christmas tree displays.
The Bonsai booth was really interesting because Jim the Bonsai guy was funny. I asked him how he got the trees to twist round each other. He said he couldn't tell me on pain of...
I said "On pain of what?"
He said "You know nobody ever asked me that!" Then he said there was a plant with my name on it if I wanted to come back and get it. I told him I would think about it. He is from Ocala.

I met these cool guys from a band called Probability (I think that was the name). They are going to be in town next weekend playing at Bullwinkles. Aaron (In the Jacket) introduced me around, and asked me if I was going to be there and I said yes, so they said they would see me there at Bullwinkles. When I remembered I wasn't going to be in town I didn't want to say anything. :(

Of course I listened to Jazz...It was soooo good.
I didn't take many pictures of the parade because I didn't feel like it, but I got a position right up front on the parade route.
I could call out to whoever I wanted so I hailed out Lenisha Williams, Eric Eggers, the WAY-FM crew who I volunteer with etc etc...
Then I screamed hello to Santa and he heard! lol

I almost forgot to say that Wendy the stilt walking clown, fell. I took a pic of her on the ground.
I think she hurt her knees because she stayed off them for a while but later in the parade she was back up there doing her thing.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.