Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Not only that the excerpts I read were so good and touching that I am a Pearl Cleage fan now.
Women of Color, Women of Words site keeps it real..
Now I have a few more books on my list to read...sigh...
And Plays to see..When When When
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Today they found a great deal on some kind of juice.
Ok so we all have this great coupon.
Then they start reading the comments from people who actually bought....
OMG we are all rolling with laughter right now.
They are just going on and on...
One guy online has a hard time explaining to his girlfriend why he has so much juice...he explains to us the readers, that in cases like this he has to use intense logic...
The boys here insist he should use it to take a shower...
You just have
I had to take a break..they are laughing and making me laugh hard
You just have to be here right now.....
Sunday, October 28, 2007
I liked certain elements of the movie and I found others very mundane.
The film takes place in the small town of La Ciénaga, at the Hotel Termas, a dilapidated Argentine hotel, during a medical conference.
Two young teenage girls, Amalia (María Alché) and her best friend Josefina (Julieta Zylberberg), begin to explore their new sexuality and, at the same time, have Catholic religious passion.
Amalia lives with her attractive divorced mother (Mercedes Morán), who owns the hotel, and her uncle Freddy (Alejandro Urdapilleta).
During this time, in Amalia's mind, spiritual and sexual impulses are seeming to converge.
One day, in the midst of a large crowd during a musician performing on a theremin at a demonstration window, Dr. Jano (Carlos Belloso), a participant in the conference, rubs up sexually against Amalia. She is upset but takes his inappropriate action as a sign that her Cathiloc faith has given her a mission: to save the Dr. Jano from such inappropriate behavior.
Afterward, the object of Amelia's desire becomes the married middle-aged doctor and she begins to spy on him.
Amalia's story is partly about an adolescent girl's discovery of her sexual vulnerability and the sexual power she possesses.I found the girls story interesting.
The mother was interesting.
Dr. Jano just kinda 'sucked'.
Growing up going to Catholic school I could identify whith all I was seeing and hearing. I could put myself there and totally understand JOSEFINA...(see the movie- you will understand why).
Even though the movie got rave reviews, I wouldn't sit through it again.
I thought it took an incredibly long time to get to any important juncture. The time that it took, to get from one scene and one act to another, dragged on and on, with no addition of meaning to the plot...
Thursday, October 25, 2007
1.Ever kissed a blonde haired, blue eyed person?
2. Can you see a phone right now?
3. What are you listening to?
5. Last thing you ate?
6. What was the last thing you saw on TV?
7. Who was the last person other than family you saw?
8. Are labels/stereotypes good?
10. Song stuck in your head?
Do you believe
11. Acoustic or Electric guitars?
Acoustic- More than words
12. Do you dance while getting ready for whatever?
Yes- In the morning at 4:30 am its on classical- no dancing. I am laying there thinking.
At 5 am its on R& B and switches back and forth to Wall street Journal program.
At 6 am Tom Joyner, at 6:09 Doug Banks. At 6:15...I am out the door.
13. What are you wearing?
Jeans, tank and sweater
15. Have you gone skinny dipping?
16. Have you ever taken a shower while you were drunk or high?
17. Do you like techno?
A couple songs
18. Have you ever been to a night club?
20. Have you ever made out on a plane?
Not really - made out
22. Do you have leadership skills?
22. Can you play an instrument?
26. Do you have any instruments in your room?
30. What scent are you wearing right now?
32. Drinking anything at the moment?
33. Ever thought you were going to get married?
Eh...Yeh but it was always a ways off in my mind...
34. Last person you told you loved?
35. Last person who told you they loved you?
Maybe Kiki or Pk 2..I have to check my emails
36. Favorite time of day?
37. Favorite video game?
Pocket Tanks..Its the only one I am good at and not get stressed out
38. Favorite food?
Caribbean or Thai
39. Do you like spiders?
They are pretty..but not on me though, esp if they bite
42. First love?
Was a big mistake, but I learned a lot. Immense lessons
43. Tan or pale skin?
I like my skin
44.You're deserted on an island, what do you have with you?
Water , food, One A day Mutilvitamin, Extra B vitamin, Fiber supplement, Antibiotic lotion, towels, lots of string. clothes, Heavy duty boots.
Well ok three huge suitcases of things, including books, and maybe a friend :)
45. Favorite lyrics?
From Fighting Temptations Soundtrack: He Still Loves Me
48. What do you want the most right now?
49. Do you want children?
50. Are you a lover or a fighter?
Laid back lover...whatever happens happens
Name one person who made you smile yesterday?
D. We were talking about Computer Guys and SNL
What were you doing at 8:00 this morning?
What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
What is something that happened to you in 1999?
Met one of the most heinous people I would ever come across in life..I will never forget 1999
What is the last thing you said aloud?
What if he doesn't show up?
How many different things did you drink today?
Only water today
What Color is your hair brush?
What was the last thing you bought?
What was the last thing you received for your birthday
Some kind of dinner certificate to Harry's Seafood and one to Lucy Ho's
What color is your front door?
Where do you keep your change?
Change purse and a treasure chest piggy bank at home
What was the weather like today?
What is the best ice cream flavor?
What is something you are excited about?
Where was the last rainbow you saw?
On a picture
What size shoe do you wear?
Do you have a little sister?
No - I am the little sister
Are you very random?
Sometimes- a lot
Do you want to cut your hair?
Do you have some bad habits?
Yeh but so that anyone would notice
Do you talk a lot?
When people expect it yeh
Do you watch The O.C.?
No...its tiring, constant drama
Does your screen name have an "x" in it?
Do you know any Stevens?
Do you make up your own words?
Are you ticklish?
Yes but sometimes people don't do it right so it hurts
Are you typically a jealous person?
No. But I don't like games where people try to see if I will become jealous and then get mad at me when it goes over my head, and I don't get jealous.
Do you have plans for today?
Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "J":
Who's the 1st person on your received calls list?
What did the last text message you received say?
Ok, then Tomorrow.
Do you chew on your straws?
No, It's gross
Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
Do you have curly hair?
What is the next concert you're going to?
I want to go to a play that is out now. Flyin West
Who is the worst person in your life?
Nobody. The worst people are gone thank God.
How many times have you cussed today?
What is something you say a lot?
What is the last thing you ate?
Didn't I already answer this? cake!
Do you have work tomorrow?
Is marriage in your future?
When was the last time you said "I love you"?
A long time ago
What should you be doing now?
Back to processing
Do you have a nickname?
Bones- Only my brother calls me that
Are you a heavy sleeper?
no. Very Light
When was the last time you used a skateboard?
What is the best movie you've seen in the past three weeks?
Things We Lost In the Fire
Is there anyone you like right now?
You know the answer
When was the last time you did the dishes
Are you currently depressed?
1. 3 names you go by?
2. Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
Jeans, Sweater, Tank
*You must answer every question TRUTHFULLY
 How many relationships have you been in?
3 or 4
 Have you ever been given roses?
 What is your all-time favorite romance movie?
Maybe Chocolat...I am sure I am forgetting some that I like...
 How many times have you honestly been in love?
 Do you believe that everyone has a soul-mate?
I don't know.
 What's your current problem.
Cold and tired
 Had Long Distance Relationships?
Yes - didn't work out as a dating relationship, but he did end up as a great friend
 Have you ever seen a friend as more than a friend?
I've thought a friend was good looking but if in my mind they are just a friend it stays that way for good.
 Do you believe the statement, "Once a cheater always a cheater"?
Yes, but I think people can change if they WANT to.
 How many kids do you want to have?
 What is(are) your favorite color(s)?
dark purple and then green
Who is the person you would consider your role model?
Mummy I think
 Do you believe you only truly love once?
I don't know.
 Imagine you're 79 and your spouse just died, would you get re-married?
No. I'd just hang out with friends and kick it alone at home
 At what age did you start liking the opposite sex?
13 - but not the namby pambys at home...TV star boys
 What song do you want to hear at your wedding?
Anything from Stevie Wonder :).
 Do you know someone who likes you?
 Do you like anyone?
Eh..doesn't matter either way
 Are you currently in a relationship?
The 'Deep Shit' Survey
1. Do you think you were well raised?
2. Do you have a secret that you've never told ANYONE?
3. How do you handle stress?
Retreat from everyone and kick it alone...just think alone
4. How would you spend your last day alive?
If my Moms and they were around with them...If they are somewhere else...just roam all over drive through the country and just have fun...
5. Do you hide things well or do you have a guilty conscience?
what? I don't get it...
6. If there was true love on one side of the street and a million bucks on the other, which side would you go?
Straight down the middle with my head held high...whatever I am really supposed to get in this will come to me.
I won't have to do a lot of work chasing it...
If I have to chase a lot..It's not meant for me
7. If your parents got divorced and you had to pick mom or dad to live with which one would you choose?
umm I dont want to be living with parents now lol
8. If you had to choose between having one family member or 5 of your closest friends die who would you choose?
There is no way I have to make that kind of decision ever so ...it doesnt matter...If I had a gun to my head ...shoot me..
9. Do you think you could ever forgive someone who murdered a family member?
Yes, but I wouldn't be friends or really have anything to do with them.
10. What is the worst thing you've ever done that your parents DON'T know about?
I don't think there is anything.
1. Do you think you know the meaning of true love?
2. The last time you kissed someone... was it someone you see yourself kissing again?
3. When AND/OR WHO was your last kiss?
4. What's the most important part of a relationship in your opinion?
Straight forward and honest communication....leading to trust...blah blah blah
5. Are you one to kiss and tell?
7. Your most recent ex... you guys still friends?
Yes - he is a cool cat...very helpful and kind to everybody
8. If your parents didn't like the person you were dating.. would you lose em?
9. Do you see yourself ever being with someone you've been with before?
10. If your best friend liked your ex, what would you do?
Nothing...if she wanted to learn the hard way LOL
-The this or that stuff
1. Die in a fire or drown?
Least painful way- and quickest
2. Be with someone cute and a jerk or ugly and kind?
3. Eat fried worms or chocolate ants?
4. If you lived a disaster... would you rather have been on titanic and lived to tell the story or in Armageddon and died saving the world?
5. If your boyfriend/girlfriend didn't like your best friend and told you to be with them or your best friend, who would you chose?
Ok Anybody giving me ultimatums has got to hit the road..
6. Would you rather be ditched or live with ditching someone?
Doesn't matter...If they don't want me ok fine, if I don't want them ok fine..
Everyone should be free to like who they please...
7. Kids then marriage or marriage then kids?
marriage and kids
8. If you had to choose between being blind or deaf which would you pick?
9. Would you rather live in a tiny apartment with 5 other people or a huge house by yourself that you felt was haunted?
10. Would you rather date someone who had a car or a job?
OMG..someone who is a Good person
-The RANDOM stuff
1. Do you kick it with the same people always.. or new people?
I meet new people all the time
2. How many piercings do you have?
3. What is your greatest accomplishment?
4. Do you see yourself as a "good" person?
5. Do you think best friends can be replaced?
Well..... If they do things to you that shows they aren't really your friend then... you know the rest
6. Name 5 people that you can tell ANYTHING to:
Marcia, Erline, Patrick, Andy, Toya
7. Are you the type that would rather stay at other peoples houses or have them at yours?
Have them at mine
8. Have you ever wanted to watch a scary movie with someone?
no- I don't like scary movies
9. Is your family the.. "eat dinner at the table" type.. or the.. "get your food and eat wherever you want type."?
Eat in front of the tv and watch cartoons
10. Have you ever hooked up with one of your ex's best friends?
No. I wouldn't want to do that
1. Are you smiling?
2. When is the last time you met someone new?
3. What is irritating you now?
The fact that I don't have enough time or energy when I get home. I have a great silver fur pillow to sew and no time
4. When did you last eat pizza?
Maybe months ago...
5. Do you drink beer?
6. Do you have any friends who are famous?
Yeh, just one
8. What do you want?
9. Are you tired?
10. Last spoken words you heard?
I know you'll be able to do it :)
11. Have you ever kissed anyone named John?
12. Besides your bed, what is your favorite thing in your room?
13. Pepsi or Coke?
14. Did you ever throw up?
Yes of course
15. Did you ever throw up while kissing someone?
Ew. That is the nastiest thing I ever heard!
16. Do you enjoy piercings and tattoos?
I like seeing some tattoos on other people
17. Taco Bell or McDonald's?
McDonalds fries- If I had to
18. Are you restless?
19. adonde esta 19
20. Are you allowed to stay up later than 10pm on a weeknight?
21. How many myspace views do you have?
22. Want to be a princess?
What is the point?
23. Do you believe dreams come true?
Yes- of course!
24. Last song you heard?
Ever Blazin- Sean Paul
25. Do you like Batman?
Only Christian Bale as Batman
26. Who is in the room with you?
27. What are you wearing on your feet?
28. What is/are your favorite pair of shoes?
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Chocolate chip cookie
31. What were you doing before this?
32. What is the closest item near you that is blue?
33. In your opinion what is the weirdest thing listed on Craigslist.com?
34. What instant messaging service do you use?
MSN- but rarely
35. What are you happy about?
36. Who's house did you go to last night?
37. What do you wear more, jeans or sweatpants?
JEANS- Never never sweat pants
38. What is the last movie you watched?
Things We Lost In the Fire- Go see it!
39. What do you currently hear right now?
40. When did you last buy a new pair of pants?
A month ago
41. When did you last take a shower?
42. Where's your favorite place to be?
In bed asleep, alone thinking , or anywhere with cool, kind people
43. Have you ever heard of the band Our Lady Peace?
44. Where is your mom?
45. Where do you sleep?
In my bed, or in the living room when I fall asleep there while reading
46. Where do you shop the most?
Publix or Albertsons
47. Where did you get the shirt you're wearing?
48. Coach Purse or NFL game tickets?
NFL game tickets
49. Where was your default MySpace picture taken?
50. Why did you pick your background?
Because its deep and relaxing color, not harsh on the senses. Makes it easy for people to look at the page and not be ill or irritated.
51. What is the last action you did besides type?
52. Are you happy with where you are?
53. Do you believe that there are certain circumstances where cheating is okay?
No. Mainly because of the dishonesty involved..Nasty business
54. Would you ever take someone back if they cheated on you?
No. I would forgive but never take back. Someone who can do this to you is not a safe person.
55. Have you ever talked about marriage with someone before?
56. Do you want someone you can't have?
57. Do you believe love at first sight exists?
58. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
59. Do you believe that you can change someone?
No. If they want to they will for their own sake..If they want to change for me..I can't deal
60. Would you ever consider getting engaged or married right now?
No. I dont know anyone well enough
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
They played nine sets.
My favorites were
Just You, Just ME/ Evidence
Black Nile and
All the solos were excellent and WORTH the time and energy.
The Director, Leon Anderson said they chose more modern pieces to do, starting with a couple Thad Jones compositions.
Paul Mckee helped with the arrangements of my favorite pieces...
I was amazed by how good HE was.
My week is complete :) - I like to take pics of them when they are getting ready, and don't know anyone is looking :)
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
It's a CD someone donated to the radio station.
Apparently someone else absconded with the radio station copy.
On the CD case, the person who donated the CD was very irate and wished fire, brimstone, and all manner of nasty upon the person who took the stations copy of "Granddaddy"
Come on now!
Is it that serious?
Granted I am loathe to lend out my CDs for fear or not getting them back, but more means more...you can always get another CD...
If people only knew how many other worse things there are to deal with in this life, losing a cd, NO SWEAT...
In fact if that's the worse thing to have happen on any given day...we should dance a jig :)
There are more people out than you would imagine.
The good thing is that you feel really alone.
The air is warm
The fog envelopes everything and you can think as much as you want to...
It is sublime.
I got a few emails from people needing some help.
I hope I said the right things to help and reassure.
Everyone seemed fine last week.
One said he'd been pretending. He doesn't like to complain he says..likes being the strong one - The one with all the answers...Now, this week he can't deal.
I hope I said/ say the right thing...
The true thing
The other didn't say anything till he had to make some decision immediately...Best for me just to ask questions to help them figure it out.- I think :(
I hope I can help..if I can't help I feel down...
I don't think they are telling other people
Oh well whatever..will be fine soon- This place is cold
Monday, October 22, 2007
I wanted to see Sean but it was so muddy and the rain was drizzling.
Sister Hazel was so loud and I just couldn't deal
Plus I was in the second row...I wanted to be first so I could lean on the rail if I got tired
Everything was just so uncomfortable for me....
Making my way up to the stage I saw massage and other things...
This wasn't very enjoyable for me...I wasn't into it at all...
Saturday, October 20, 2007
It stars Gerard Butler (main character in The 300).
His Wife (played by Hilary Swank), is afraid because she loves him too much. He tells her not to worry, he is not going anywhere.
She is grief stricken.
One day she finds a letter from her husband. He has written many letters for her with stories and instructions for her to enjoy life.
She must do what the letters say. Gerard appears to talk to her as she reads the letters...
It's amazing (made me tear up)...
I remember writing letters one for each day for a friend who was to go away for a couple weeks. I wrote 14 letters with pictures and stories etc...
He said he enjoyed finding them and reading them. Whatever...
You have to be really inspired to do that.
I want to see this movie...
I loved it so much.
It was well acted (Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro), and directed.
I identified with the grief of the characters (that kind of grief is no joke), so deep , so, so deep.
It's like in the book Drinking The Sweet Water. It's the kind of grief you have that makes you not want to wake up.
The kind of grief where your soul hurts.
I was crying within the first 10 minutes of the movie
One of the best scenes in the movie was when Halle Berry's character asks another woman if the pain gets better.
She said : It gets different.
This really stayed with me. So true. I was never able to explain it before how that feels...It doesn't ever get better, it gets different.
I know it doesn't get better because some events, smells, sights and sounds trigger a lightning flash of emotion...it's eerie
Then of course the characters deal with the addict and you get to see all the emotional energy that is expended there.
In one scene Benicio tries to describe to Halle what it is like doing heroin.
He says: You keep trying to chase that initial feeling and you get the high but that initial feeling you never get back, no matter what you do.
Halle says (in her grief): I would chase it all day
Benicio: No you wouldnt because you are too strong and too connected (or something to that effect).
In Drinking The Sweet Water, the main character is stricken with so much grief that she seems drunk. So deep in it that everyday things confuse and confound. How was someone so able to get into her head, and heart that she could feel a pain she feared was worse than death.
The main character there couldn't numb the pain with substances either, couldn't even begin to try...she was too self aware.
In Things We Lost in The Fire, you also desire the relationship that Halle and David (the husband and wife) have with each other and with their children. So real, just real, and true.
She says in one scene : " I miss the silliness"
That THING does exist.
This movie did something for me.
Friday, October 19, 2007
I liked him before Die Hard, but at age 17 when I saw him in Die Hard and he had the 'sexy' thing going on...I was hooked forever.
I really would like to meet him.
I won't forget him....
Monday, October 15, 2007
Kinda strange to dedicate this type of tree...the only reason I could tell is that it stays the same always.
I saw it a few months ago and it looked exactly the same
No fear of it growing out of control and tearing up the path.
The fruit is pretty.
I wonder what it looks like on the inside.
One of the first things I noticed was the carpet made of recycled plastic bottle material. UI like the idea but the carpet material, even though it was pretty, was kind of rough...
I thought that the opening would have big hype but it was very laid back, that was nice but there was a different feel to what I am used to.
I realized that a lot of their stuff was similar to the stuff at Quarter Moon but no matter.
I only stayed a little while- 40 minutes.
Before the music started I looked at the stuff they were selling and the items on display.
I liked these a lot...
Very whimsical for a Green Market
The music was very relaxing
The food looked interesting (see Food Blog) I didn't have any because ...you know..the carb thing.
I spotted one of my favorite things on a table there