Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I don't know

I went to a health fair. The personal trainers (in the pic) measured me with calipers for a skin-fold fat assessment. They said that though my % fat was healthy, it 1% point OVER the maximum of what I should be..so I had too high a body fat composition. I think that means I need to work out more LOL.

The rest of the health fair stuff was cool though. A lot of info about these health drinks like Acai. A friend of mine did a MSc research study on these tropical commodities with health benefits. Mangosteen and all the rest of them are a big hit now.
A while ago at the Vitamin Shoppe the guy behind the counter let me taste some. He stood there for 5 minutes trying to convince me that it would not taste gross.
He whispered that he would not push it on anyone if he didn't like it himself. He handed me the tiny sample cup and stared at me lol.
I loved it! It was on sale but I didn't want to buy it. I didn't trust myself to drink it all, there was an aftertaste (just a small one) that made me feel I would throw up if I drank anymore.
The staff at the Vitamin Shoppe is really helpful, they walk around with you and explain anything you need to know.
They look as if they all work out and use the products in there, and they try to gauge where you are in terms of how you think about your health. I really like going there.

Did I forget to mention that there were cookies at the health fair?
After the % fat news I didn't bother to grab one :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marsha,
well I never tried it but the mangosteen is supposed to be good for you.they have it here too but I dont know anybody who tried it.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.