Thursday, November 19, 2009

I don't know why

But I loved BUG.
Well I do know why.

The acting from EVERYBODY was great.
Brilliant.


Michael Shannon, Ashley Judd and Harry Connick Jr.
I fell for this movie.
It kinda made me feel weird though.

I always liked William Friedkins (Director), because i watched interviews with him and he is one of the first directors I saw to own when a movie he makes is crap. He describes how his early films basically had nothing to do with who he was as a director, and they were not good work.
He freely admits to being a 'pest', calling up cinemas in the 70s and making sure they had the right sound levels and light for showing his film.

AND in his director's commentary of films, he is so clear about his intent in each scene each word etc.
Most of his work is character study which I adore because I try to do that in my writing and when I take photos of people in social situations.
I love this.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.