Sunday, October 04, 2009

Here goes

The Shape of Things:
Made me Like Neil Labute (director) more. In some places this show really dragged. Could have made better use of long shots, but what so I know i am not a filmmaker. Acting wwas fine but something about the movie seemed a little bit amateur.
However I liked the premise and the 'surprise' at the near end.
It was pretty sad.
Rating on a scale of 1-10 = 5.9
The_Shape_of_Things_Cover.jpg image by markhill66



Bride Wars

It was cute. It was just a cute chick flick. But I liked it so much because it wasn't a typical story and even though the hi-jinx were over the op- it was sweet
Rating 6.5 for cuteness
http://newsblaze.com/pix/2009/0114/pix/Bride-Wars-Movie.jpg


Disfigured
I didn't know what they were trying to say during this movie but I liked the friendship tha developed and I liked seing Deidra Edwars on camera. I just liked watching her. I also liked Staci Lawrence and but for them being there this would seem like an afterschool special that I don't really want to watch.
I liked the subject matter but it seemed to jump all over the place :(
Rating for development of characters and their friendship 6.4
http://curvylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dsfg4.jpg

My Best Friend's Girl
Crass and weird. But you know what some guys actually behave in these crass ways (and I am not talking Dane cook I am talking the guys in the film who hire him. SO I am gonna add 1.5 to whatever rating I give this
Rating for MINDLESS entertainment 4.5
Overall rating 6
http://files.list.co.uk/images/2008/11/13/my-best-friends-girl2.jpg

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.