Monday, October 19, 2009

Expressive Eyes

Ok, yes, I like Viggo Mortensen.
A lot.
But it's not just because people say he is sexy etc
It is more than that
I have read a lot of interviews and things he has said about himself, and he is the TYPE of person I really would like.
His April 2009 interview was one of the best for learning more about him as he is right now.
I notice the similarity of thinking and ways of being.
He says this:
"I don't like people who get into fights about football - or anything else. But I share the passion of the fans for this team, that's for sure."
http://www.brego.net/uploaded_images/Viggo-Mortensen-American-Yakuza-743092.jpg
When asked:
Do you work on relationships?

He says:
"I don't always. When there is conflict it's good to step away, even for five minutes, because you could say terrible things that you can't take back, so it's best to walk away,"

Then he says (which surprised me and shocked me but I was glad he was honest)

" If I am sucked in and don't walk away I become very destructive,"

Then he goes on.
"I say things that are personal, that I don't really mean, because if somebody hurts you, you want to hurt them instinctively, go for something you know is going to really upset them."

I was glad he was honest but then I felt a little down. Because when someone does this, just the one time, I am usually done with them. I try really hard to watch what I say to people especially in high stress situations so someone who hauls off and goes for the jugular?
This I can't deal with.

It goes on and is better.
He is so open.
When asked if he has to have the last word in an argument
"Only if I get really incensed. It usually has to do with fairness, or if I feel I've been cornered or misrepresented, then I will lash out.
That is a little similar to me...


He goes on
It's good to have the presence of mind to say: 'Can I call you back? Let me take a break and go for a walk.' Always better."

About relationships he says this...I was so surprised because it is EXACTLY what I would say.

"As soon as it's going well you think: 'We've cracked it.'

It's not going to stay that way.

That person that you love so much and understands you so well, suddenly the next day they say something, and you think: 'They don't really know me well at all.'"


And is that most important to you - to be known by somebody?
That somebody really gets you?
I am cautious about it, but when I connect strongly I want to be honest with that person, risky as it is, and I want them to be honest with me...


On forgiveness he says this....It's exactly how I feel. Try as hard as I might to be better about it. It's the same.

"There are certain things that are said and done and I can forgive, but for my own good I can't associate with that person any more.

'I don't trust you, but I can forgive you.'

I can do that.

Because some things you can't take back.

Some things that have been said, they hurt, they linger. That's in everybody's life."



No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.