Monday, August 31, 2009

Espana

I watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona and while I didn't agree with their brand of morality I loved the movie.
I loved the acting by Javier and Penelope, and the location. I really like this movie
Of course I wasn't taken in by the BS lines of Javier's character
The trick is to enjoy life and accept that it has no meaning whatsoever,"

Life is short, life is dull, life is full of pain, and this is a chance for something special."


All that to get some girls to sleep with him? I know there are people who DO do that so I won't push it off but geez.
Seriously?!!!!
I kept thinking "Give me a break!"
Of course life is dull and full of pain if you go around behaving that way with blatant disregard for everything and everybody and what is right...
But this is not an ethics class- however thanks Woody Allen for YET AGAIN trying to work off some of your angst in a movie....
http://nobudgettravel.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/2008_vicky_christina_barcelona_004.jpg
(it would be better Woody, if you just in real life, thought that it was ok just to do the right thing because it was the right thing to do- and keep your crush on Scarlett Johanssen to yourself because ew......).
Still I liked the movie...

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.